Jack Nevada

Empire Awards 2012

Winners of this years Jameson Empire Awards, the award ceremony of Empire Magazine

BEST ACTOR: Martin Freeman- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

BEST ACTRESS: Jennifer Lawrence- The Hunger Games

BEST DIRECTOR: Sam Mendes- Skyfall

BEST BRITISH FILM: Sightseers

BEST FEMALE NEWCOMER: Samantha Barks

BEST MALE NEWCOMER: Tom Holland

BEST COMEDY: Ted

BEST THRILLER: Headhunters

BEST SCIFI/FANTASY: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

BEST HORROR: The Woman in Black

BEST FILM: Skyfall

They are zzzzzzzzzzz and safe, obviously trying to please all British fandoms (TA and TDKR would sweep in US) and all studios/film-makers Empire sucks up to.

But the Queen wins again so I won`t nitpick.

Edited by fishnets

Considering the brown nosing empire performed with The Hobbit, I'm shocked it didn't win more. But Freeman as best actor? Come the fuck on guys, that's a daft choice and you know it.Also The Woman in Black was shite.

Freeman win is brown-nosing since he was neither the lead nor better than other nominees including DC. he won`t have any career after TH stint, don`t you worry. I don`t hear any industry buzz for him or that North&South legend or that TV vampire.

The Empire awards are voted for by the public. The vote is advertised in the magazine and anyone can do so on the website.

The one I am most glad about is Sightseers. I like Ben Wheatley as Kill List was quite an experience (though somewhat let down by a middling final act), and as a Garth Marenghi's Darkplace fan I'm glad to see Alice Lowe getting the recognition she deserves. The film itself is a superb little dark comedy with a few killer laughs and a couple of uncomfortable moments. Well worth checking out.

The list is pretty much as expected to be honest. Skyfall deserved the big win.