Jay Beezy

How do you want the filmmakers to give closure to Brian?

5 members have voted

1. 1. How should they have Brian leave the franchise?

• Have Brian leave the group.
    • Have Brian die through self-sacrifice.
  2. 2. How should Brian's void be filled?

• Bring Sean Boswell under Dom's wing.
    • Bring in a new actor to create a new dynamic with Dom.

So the film faces a difficult time and must decide what to do with one of its crucial leads. It's a choice that has to be made even though we don't want to have to make it. There are other options on how to do this. I just picked ones that felt respectful to Paul.

And this is contingent on whether the filmmakers want to proceed with finishing the planned trilogy.

I was wondering this earlier when some of one of my friends brought up Paul.

They are definitely between a rock and a hard place here. They have to do something that is within respectful boundaries for Paul, but at the same time they can't just get rid of one of the main characters with no explanation.

I guess it comes down to exactly how much of the film has been shot already. If they've already shot the ending as well as a lot of key parts of the film I'd say just work around the parts they haven't filmed and just end the series here.

Here's what I'm thinking. If they do end it with 7, then they can have Brian retire. Because if he does, then Dom would want to retire as well. If they continue on to complete the planned trilogy, then I think it's better for Brian to die, heroically of course. That way, his spirit can live on and his actions leave a lasting legacy.