Captain Craig

Hulk sequel movie

We all know that Kevin Feige would like to do one but he's said it's not on the immediate radar.

He knows Hulk earned a well deserved boost in popularity after Avengers and stated as much.

Mark Ruffalo is signed for several pictures.

World War Hulk as it exists isn't going to happen, no Banner/Ruffalo, or at all most likely.

My earnest question is, after the success of Now You See Me with Ruffalo in a leading role does this bolster his solo marquee value? I think it does. It doesn't make him RDJ or Cruise but now with Hulk seemingly more favorable post Avengers and NYSM making Banner's side in Ruffalo more of a draw might Kevin Feige and Co. re-evalute a follow-up to Incredible Hulk for Phase 3 now? Phase 3 is not firmly set, some wiggle room.

Could a IH2 happen in Phase 3 now perhaps? 

• Like 1

I think a Hulk movie could happen if the pressure and demand builds for it. However, I don't see it happening as soon as Phase 3. If the Hulk is well received in TA2, then it's possible that it could be on the table for Phase 4. I think the Phase 3 movies will be set in stone while Marvel is filming TA2, so I don't see a Hulk movie in the cards for Phase 3.

Edited by Walt Disney

I dont want a sequel movie

just bc I'm selfish :P & want my fav actor to do non superhero movies ala gems like nysm, 'the Kids are all right', Margaret etc etc :ph34r:

TA had quite enough of Hulk & he was effective as a team player

Idk if the audience wants the sequel that much bc I def didnt see the same love for him as for IM, Thor (& Loki obv) or Cap, maybe even less than Hawk & Black Widow. Well aside from 'puny God' & 'Im always angry' bit

Again maybe Im not looking in the right places thoPosted Image

Article on topic btw

http://whatculture.com/film/8-reasons-its-near-impossible-to-make-a-great-standalone-hulk-movie.php

Edited by Leyla

I dont want a sequel movie

just bc I'm selfish :P & want my fav actor to do non superhero movies ala gems like nysm, 'the Kids are all right', Margaret etc etc :ph34r:

TA had quite enough of Hulk & he was effective as a team player

Idk if the audience wants the sequel that much bc I def didnt see the same love for him as for IM, Thor (& Loki obv) or Cap, maybe even less than Hawk & Black Widow. Well aside from 'puny God' & 'Im always angry' bit

Again maybe Im not looking in the right places thoPosted Image

Article on topic btw

http://whatculture.com/film/8-reasons-its-near-impossible-to-make-a-great-standalone-hulk-movie.php

8) Can have the 2 personas split. Can have a Red Hulk (all the time after transformation).

7) In the Avengers he mentioned this, in the I am always angry line.

6) Thor is too.

5) Can't lose. As we seen the MCU doesn't play it 100% to the comics. I can see Red Hulk, Skaar, Armageddon.

4) Wasn't he controlled by Loki on the aircraft?

3) Doesn't all the heroes have to face the repercussions of New York. I would imagine in some way they all destroyed it.

2) So a solo Hulk movie won't have other heroes for Hulk to interact with?

1) Bad movies. Make one on par with IM1 and forget about it. It is possible.

• Like 1

8) Can have the 2 personas split. Can have a Red Hulk (all the time after transformation).

7) In the Avengers he mentioned this, in the I am always angry line.

6) Thor is too.

5) Can't lose. As we seen the MCU doesn't play it 100% to the comics. I can see Red Hulk, Skaar, Armageddon.

4) Wasn't he controlled by Loki on the aircraft?

3) Doesn't all the heroes have to face the repercussions of New York. I would imagine in some way they all destroyed it.

2) So a solo Hulk movie won't have other heroes for Hulk to interact with?

1) Bad movies. Make one on par with IM1 and forget about it. It is possible.

After GotG has established the "space" part of the MCU and

Hulk once again fights the avengers (as seen in Age of Ultron concept art)

they could go for "planet hulk" (but with more Banner and a story that's a bit different)

8) he doesn't need to be, that's what makes him interesting

7) he probably wants to be the Hulk when he's on a planet full of things trying to kill him

6) in the comics the wormhole weakens him so he can be hurt

5) he might actively try to escape the planet and get back to earth

4) he can be a rage monster on the planet, or he could develop or it could be a split personality, it doesn't matter that much and none of it makes it a bad movie. 

3) It would actually be interesting to see how the Banner and Hulk personas will work together to escape the planet. 

2) Skaar, or maybe even a Guardians of the Galaxy character (like Drax or Groot) could appear. They even already have the effects for Korg, from Thor: the Dark World

1) If people like Guardians of the Galaxy, then this will probably work too

After GotG has established the "space" part of the MCU and

Hulk once again fights the avengers (as seen in Age of Ultron concept art)

they could go for "planet hulk" (but with more Banner and a story that's a bit different)

8) he doesn't need to be, that's what makes him interesting

7) he probably wants to be the Hulk when he's on a planet full of things trying to kill him

6) in the comics the wormhole weakens him so he can be hurt

5) he might actively try to escape the planet and get back to earth

4) he can be a rage monster on the planet, or he could develop or it could be a split personality, it doesn't matter that much and none of it makes it a bad movie. 

3) It would actually be interesting to see how the Banner and Hulk personas will work together to escape the planet. 

2) Skaar, or maybe even a Guardians of the Galaxy character (like Drax or Groot) could appear. They even already have the effects for Korg, from Thor: the Dark World

1) If people like Guardians of the Galaxy, then this will probably work too

Comics =/= movies. Don't know story of the movie, so what wormhole in non-existent.

Edited by Neo

Of course the movies aren't the comics. I don't even want them to follow the comic story of planet hulk. The wormhole was just an example of how they could weaken Hulk. With Guardians of the Galaxy similar elements will probably be introduced, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make Samuel Sterns (Leader) return AND introduce Absorbing Man? There's a lot of good villains for Hulk to fight, but I'm interested in seeing what happened to Leader and to see a better Absorbing Man, rather than the version we got in Hulk back in 2003.

If Marvel is going cosmic with phase 3 this could be Planet Hulk.  I think Latino Review removed their scoop from early 2013 (after it was debunked) but here is a good summary: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/02/04/rumor-planet-hulk-will-be-key-to-marvels-phase-three-plans/

It sounds plausible given the TA2 concept art of an Iron Man Hulkbuster suit.  Why would he need that unless...see above.

I think that Avengers Hulk has a great deal of life in him – a single movie is going to ruin the Hulk name though. I think the most important thing to remember is that The Hulk actually needs a credible opponent. Yes we know the Hulk is going to win – but I’d like to have a real adversary