Punishment

Weekend Actuals 7/5-7/7

There are only 2 dollar theaters in town anymore. (More like 2 dollar theaters now :lol:), there use to be quite a few. Both are Cinemark.

The majority of the theaters our here are UA. I'm surprise we don't have a AMC.

Well one thing also-Century Rio has the problem of having matinees end early on the weekend (I think it is 2PM on Sat/Sun), where as UA actually has matinees till 5PM.

Rth, I have a question for you. How does Las Vegas fare in regards to the national market? What are our top theatres? Genuinely want to know but it seems no one has the information.

LV overall ranks 24 out of 250+ markets (State of Nevada ranks 27th in NA and 23 just USA)

top theatre but long shot is Red rock Stadium 15 (#64 in NA)  next town Square 18

Not sure when the last time the theater I went to was in the top 15, I know it has been in the top 20 before but not for a while.

Rio 24 is biggest in NM(#16 in NA)  next Santa Fe Stadium (Rio takes 3 times as much)

Is there a way you can view individual theaters on how well they did, what the biggest were, ect?(I do know This is the End was on the small screen, as was Fast 6)

But this is something I have wondered for years. 

Nowhere that’s publicly accessible

• Like 2

Okay thanks. And not surprise Santa Fe is so far behind....they only seem to like artsy stuff up there. (It is one of the snobbiest cities along with San Francisco)

Have any records of any odd films to be the biggest of a theater and make a top 20? (IE something not in the top 10 even that weekend)

it happens time to time

12-Apr

It Takes a Man and A woman (wk3), wasn't reported it it had would have ranked about #14 for wkend

CM Century Tanforan 20, San Bruno CA ranked #17

29-Mar

Place Beyond the Pines 4 screens ranked #19

Arclight Hollywood #9

1-MarStocker #33 7 screensArclight hollywood #10

22/2Berlin file (wk3) (another not reported)CGV cinemas, los Angeles #4

Kai Po chie #23  110 thrsAMC Merado 20, Santa Clara CA #5

Life of Pi #14 572 thrsUnion Square 14, NYC #7

15/2berlin file (wk2) not reported    about #23 if reportedCGV cinemas, los Angeles #18

25/1

couple theatres film called Vishwaroopam (not reported)

11/1

seethamma Vakitlo Si (wk1), was reported but not on BOM , 89 thrs ranked #108 wkend

2 in top 20

I do remember reading that some film was the biggest film that a theater ever had and came out the same day as TDK and was even at the same theater.

Edited by Impact

Which what I mean is-since it was the biggest film at all of the top 20, which one of those was it the best at?

not sure follow, the top enagements list is top for films listed so if  #1 is Burbank30 (which is actually 3 complexes right next to each other) for DM2 then its DM2 #1 location

Well I noticed you had what the top were for TLR, WWZ, MU and MOS. (Speaking of which, The Heat is one that was not there either)

sometimes put in other stuff TH - burbank 30, Archlight Sherman Oaks, Empire 25 NYC

Rio 24 was #6 :)

• Like 1

I do remember reading that some film was the biggest film that a theater ever had and came out the same day as TDK and was even at the same theater.

Few on here would be happy biggest TDK OWe Arclight Hollywood, Irvine spectrum, Lincoln Square NYC, Scotiabank toronto, Ontario Palace 22(combined with Mills 30 across the road would be easy #1), Empire 25 NYC, Metreon 16 San Fran

Edited by Rth

Few on here would be happy biggest TDK OWe Arclight Hollywood, Irvine spectrum, Lincoln Square NYC, Scotiabank toronto, Ontario Palace 22(combined with Mills 30 across the road would be easy #1), Empire 25 NYC, Metreon 16 San Fran

Interesting. Based on my memory of tracking theaters back then, I would have thought the River East in Chicago would have been in the top 5.