Sims

Boxoffice.com's Top 100 Films of All Time 2013: THE RESULTS (final list in OP)

And TWBB at 32 just made me give up on the list. You guys really have no fucking taste. How the fuck could TWBB be out of the Top 30? That movie is one of the best movies ever made, and just perfection. 

Oh drat, missing the top 30 by two. The world ends for riczhang.

WTF? Lawrence only at 31? This is a fucking disgrace. But Hallelujah, TSN fell. Hope it falls out of the top 100 in 5 years or so. That movie seriously needs to go away. 

And TWBB at 32 just made me give up on the list. You guys really have no fucking taste. How the fuck could TWBB be out of the Top 30? That movie is one of the best movies ever made, and just perfection. 

Look at it this way, ric -- in this genre-heavy, superhero-weighted forum, people still like quality movies like TWBB enough to rank 'em in the top 40. ;)

• Like 5

WTF? Lawrence only at 31? This is a fucking disgrace. But Hallelujah, TSN fell. Hope it falls out of the top 100 in 5 years or so. That movie seriously needs to go away. And TWBB at 32 just made me give up on the list. You guys really have no fucking taste. How the fuck could TWBB be out of the Top 30? That movie is one of the best movies ever made, and just perfection.

You have no taste friend

WTF? Lawrence only at 31? This is a fucking disgrace. But Hallelujah, TSN fell. Hope it falls out of the top 100 in 5 years or so. That movie seriously needs to go away. 

I am happy both TWiBB and LOA did so well. 

Social Network is good.  I could easily pick part your list. 

• Like 1

He was my film partner in high school (got better grades then me obviously lol) yet I showed him Die Hard 2 days ago.He never saw any Star Wars movies until I showed him last month. He has still yet to see Jaws and any Indiana jones movies. There's many more then that to he hasn't seen.

I have a friend in school. He graduated and with degree in screen writing and European  history major. Has never seen Schindler's List. 

• Like 2

Always thought Aliens was better than Alien. Not thanks to its action (although it doesn't hurt at all), but the beautifully developed motherhood motif throughout the whole film along with Ripley's character development and Cameron's direction and storytelling, for me, definitely push it above Alien which isn't much more than a well-paced, tense monster movie in space with a lot of sexual imagery and one-dimensional characters. I mean, it's a damn well done monster movie in space, but I just find Aliens to be a richer and more rewarding movie.

Oh, and TSN ain't going away. Damn right it isn't.

• Like 1

70. Inglourious Basterds

Again. Not a QT fan. Though this is probably his best film. 

69. The Silence of the Lambs
Love that this is here. My #28. Hopkins and Foster were electric on screen. Especially so as the movie went on. 

68. Beauty and the Beast
By far my favourite Disney post 1980s film. My #109. 

67. Saving Private Ryan

I'm not a huge fan of this movie. I preferred Shakespeare to this, but it is still a very good movie. It is in my top 250.  

66. Gladiator

I really liked this movie. My #135. This was my favourite of the BP nominees that year, I believe. 

65. L,A. Confidential

This is a good run here from Lambs to LA. My #114, just missed the cut. I had this in my top 100 for a while before I eventually cut it and relegated it to 114. 

64. Citizen Kane

Shame it isn't higher, but at least it is on here. And the good run still continues. One of the truly perfect movies in the world. Black and White was very effectively used here. 

63. The Wizard of Oz

Maybe you guys have some taste after all. My #88. 

62. Ratatouille

Or not. Blech. Garbage. Hopefully his food doesn't taste as awful as his movie. 

61. Batman Begins

I liked the film, but fanboyism

Edited by riczhang

#29 (SOUND THE ALARMS)

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

LYR: 11

Peter Jackson, 2002

Nominated for 7 Oscars, won 2

73 points

"Come hobbitses, soft and quick as shadows we must be."

Synopsis: While Frodo and Sam edge closer to Mordor with the help of the shifty Gollum, the divided fellowship makes a stand against Sauron's new ally, Saruman, and his hordes of Isengard.

Trivia: Andy Serkis did the voices for the three orcs arguing with each other at the Fangorn Camp scene

12 Angry Men

LYR: 74

Sidney Lumet, 1957

Nominated for 3 Oscars

74 points

"I don't know. It's possible."

Synopsis: A dissenting juror in a murder trial slowly manages to convince the others that the case is not as obviously clear as it seemed in court.

Trivia: Sidney Lumet had the actors all stay in the same room for hours on end and do their lines over and over without taping them. This was to give them a real taste of what it would be like to be cooped up in a room with the same people.

Always thought Aliens was better than Alien. Not thanks to its action (although it doesn't hurt at all), but the beautifully developed motherhood motif throughout the whole film along with Ripley's character development and Cameron's direction and storytelling, for me, definitely push it above Alien which isn't much more than a well-paced, tense monster movie in space with a lot of sexual imagery and one-dimensional characters. I mean, it's a damn well done monster movie in space, but I just find Aliens to be a richer and more rewarding movie.

Oh, and TSN ain't going away. Damn right it isn't.

Get out of my head. You're, like, reading my mind, man.

• Like 1