ThatMovieGuy

Guilty Pleasures

I recently had an epiphany where I completely rejected "guilty pleasure" as something that exists for me, at least in cinematic context. If a movie brings me pleasure, if it entertains me, then I like it. And if I like, then, in my opinion, it's good. And fuck if I'm gonna feel guilty about it.

How is Batman 1966 terrible in any way? It's pretty obviously intended to be a wildly campy comedy, and it works like gangbusters. Completely different from something like Battlefield Earth or Batman & Robin (which is also intended to be a campy comedy and a throwback to the 1966 movie, except it's not ever funny, more like a punishing, utterly miserable way to spend 2 hours).

the point of the guilty pleasure is that you can accept the faults and all the idiocracy of a film that you think is terrible and end up enjoying it, usually because stupidity is humorous. In a way I guess batman and kung pow we're suppose to make fun of movies like this( not so much batman). so I guess it doesn't fit to well, but both are funny bad, and battlefield earth is terrifically terrible because it try's so hard to be something and ends up just coming off ridiculous. literally watching this film is a complete joy it's like what would happen if they made a 12 year make a movie, the script the camera angles, the acting, it's all priceless, and feels like a Kid with a lot of money crafted this fine piece of S**T and presented it to the world,