CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2011 (Winners in 1st post)

LA went for Descendants as well

The Descendants was the runner-up. A Separation wins the award.But since A Separation is really only a contender for Foreign Language Film, it's essentially a Descendants win. Edited by 4815162342

I mean, to go from voicing Marlin the Clownfish in Finding Nemo to this, it's a HUGE change.It's like how Ben Kingsley got awards heat in 2001 for playing a gangster in Sexy Beast and parlayed a Supporting Actor nomination out of it.

Yes, it's like that as well! Any actor who doesn't normally play angry gangsters who plays an angry gangster is guaranteed an Oscar nomination, it seems. Because if Bobby DeNiro had played Bernie Rose nobody would give that peformance a second glance.

I didn't mean to say he was uncool, I meant that Boston was going in its unique direction in most cases and then defaulted to Hugo/The Artist for Director.Attack the Block wins Debut Director from NYFCO

Edited by 4815162342

Boston gives BP to The Artist. Hugo and Margaret are runners-up.NYFCO gives Director to The Artist.Well, if nothing else then a consensus is forming for BP and BD. Annoying, since I want a free-for-all!

Edited by 4815162342

Boston's award list is interesting because Margaret was a runner-up for Picture, Ensemble, Screenplay, and Supporting Actress, and the group just tweeted that many of the critic members couldn't see Margaret because there was only 1 screening in the area and the studio did not send out DVD screeners.So, if the studio made more of an effort to spread Margaret out, it could have been dominant in Boston.