The Stingray

25 Greatest Horror Movies of All Time (Deadline: November 15th)

So, I was thinking of doing a '20/25 Greatest Horror Movies of All Time' thread, kind of as a complement to Films' 'Best Horror Films Post 2000'. The reasons why I want to do this are:

1. I love horror movies.

2. I had a great experience doing my 'Top 25 TV Shows' thingie.

3. It would encapsulate all horror movies, as opposed to Films' thread, which only entails modern horror.

But I would like to know what you guys think about this idea. Do you think there are too many lists going around already (including my own TV Shows list)? Do you deem it unnecessary? Are there enough horror movie fans to accomplish it? 

So, let me know what you think, and I'll act accordingly.

Regards.
/The Stingray

EDIT: This is on then. We're doing Top 25, not 20. And please PM me your votes, if you can. Thanks!

General rules:

1. Movies from every country, in every language counts. No restrictions in this regard.

2. For a movie to be eligible, it needs to have a 'horror' listing at IMDb.

There are currently 3 exceptions to this rule: Black Swan, Predator and The Sixth Sense.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Edited by Telemachos

Im pretty sure we already have one like that.  But Im all for doing it again.

For real? On the Speakeasy? :o

I managed to find the Films one, a 'favorite horror franchises', and a 'top horror films of the last 15 years', which you did. ^_^

Edited by The Stingray

I don't think you need to hear it from others.  There are plenty of horror fans on here.  I'll sticky this in the Speakeasy and you'll get people to participate.  I'll send out emails to some of the bigger horror people on here as well.

IMHO, I think there are plenty of "obscure" horror films from other nations that many people have seen.  For example, not that this is an obscure film in the UK, but Eden Lake isn't well known in NA, but plenty of horror fans have seen it because of the reputation it has.  So again, imo, I think taking horror films from every part of the world is apropos.  

• Like 1

I havent seen enough classic horror movies so I dont think I'll make a list. Still looking forward to the results.  :)

Doesn't matter what you have seen.  This is your opinion on what you think should make it.  Every vote counts.  So imo, you should participate.  

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what you have seen.  This is your opinion on what you think should make it.  Every vote counts.  So imo, you should participate.  

I dont feel like I'm qualified to list greatest horror movies since I havent seen essential stuff like The Shining, Rosemary's Baby etc. so I wont do a list.  :)