The Stingray

BOF Top 25 Greatest Horror Movies of All Time (the countdown has started!!)

An interesting thing is that the top 5 films in the 'Best horror films post 2000'-list didn't make the cut here, but the #6 film (The Ring) did.

Yeah and to me, that just stupid. Most of these highly acclaimed old horror movies I find to be shit. Exorcist, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on elm Street, The Shinning and Halloween are bad movies IMO. If they were released today, they would be laughed at.

Yeah and to me, that just stupid. Most of these highly acclaimed old horror movies I find to be shit. Exorcist, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on elm Street, The Shinning and Halloween are bad movies IMO. If they were released today, they would be laughed at.

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Imo, you're looking at it the wrong way, man. You gotta think about the time when they were released, and what had come out before them. Of course The Exorcist wouldn't be remotely as scary if it had come out today as it was back then, because times have changed, horror has changed, and we have had like 50 other movies about exorcisms in between.

• Like 1

Imo, you're looking at it the wrong way, man. You gotta think about the time when they were released, and what had come out before them. Of course The Exorcist wouldn't be remotely as scary if it had come out today as it was back then, because times have changed, horror has changed, and we have had like 50 other movies about exorcisms in between.

no. if a film viewed today is shit, there's no point in imagining it from the past, which is pretty impossible anyway. the problem with jessie's statement is that he's completely wrong.

• Like 2

no. if a film viewed today is shit, there's no point in imagining it from the past, which is pretty impossible anyway. the problem with jessie's statement is that he's completely wrong.

I beg to differ. I get what he's saying, even though I don't agree with some of the examples that he has provided.

Imo, movies like Psycho, Exorcist, Elm Street are laughable as horror movies by today's standards. But I still think they're good movies, even though they don't hold up, and certainly show their age, as horror movies.

I don't know, did that make sense?

How can my opinion be wrong? lol, you women do make me laugh.

Edited by Jessie

I don't understand how anyone could have found The Exorcist scary. I watched it when I was young and it was the first exorcism movie i'd ever seen, and I found it to be complete shit. Im not hating on all old horror movies, I still think The Thing and Alien were scary, but Nightmare on Elm Street? Friday the 13th? Halloween? Please, they are garbage IMO.

I don't understand how anyone could have found The Exorcist scary. I watched it when I was young and it was the first exorcism movie i'd ever seen, and I found it to be complete shit. Im not hating on all old horror movies, I still think The Thing and Alien were scary, but Nightmare on Elm Street? Friday the 13th? Halloween? Please, they are garbage IMO.

I guess it's a matter of opinion then. I don't find Alien scary at all.

I agree with you about Elm Street and Friday the 13th though.

• Like 1