iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

#23,16 points (48 rank sum):

The Cat in the HatPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Sally and Conrad are two bored kids whose life is turned up-side-down when a talking cat comes to visit them.

Critic blurb

Charles Taylor, Salon.com:
The best argument yet made for extending artists' rights beyond the grave.

Trivia

As a result of this film, Audrey Geisel, the widow of Dr. Seuss decided to reject any consequent live-action adaptations of her husband's work claiming that this film differed from her late husband's Family Friendly Material.

YES, THAT BELONGS ON HERE 100%, THAT MOVIE IS A SHITBAG THAT MADE THE CHILD INSIDE OF ME CRY TEARS OF PAIN FOR WHAT THEY DID TO MY BELOVED DR. SEUSS BOOK.

• Like 2

Meh, I may just be biased because I saw it after I saw Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

Naaa, it's ok, many people love it.  I'm just not one of them.  :)

• Like 1

Have you seen Batman and Robin or Batman Forever??

If I recall, Batman and Robin was with Chris O'Donell and Forever was with Jones and Carrey.  I liked Forever a lot and Robin was decent.  Returns is imo, on a whole other level of poop.

#22,17 points (14 rank sum):

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

After picking up a traumatized young hitchhiker, five friends find themselves stalked and hunted by a deformed chainsaw-wielding killer and his family of equally psychopathic killers.

Member blurb

ddddeeee:
Ok way to spend 90 minutes. Not even remotely scary and really, really ugly, but as fair as routine slashers go you could do a lot worse. C/C- 

Critic blurb

Peter Travers, Rolling Stone:
All the bad-rehash mojo from Friday the 13th to The Blair Witch Project has infected Scott Kosar's script.

Trivia

On his final day of shooting, Eric Balfour stripped down, threw his wardrobe back to the crew, and walked off the set only wearing a baseball cap.

Edited by Catching Iceroll

Who the fuck is voting TCM2003 as one of the worst of all time?  That film makes my top 50 horror films of all time.  I'm stunned at that.  It's a fantastic film and expertly made.

• Like 5

#21,17 points (13 rank sum):

D-War

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Based on the Korean legend, unknown creatures will return and devastate the planet. Reporter Ethan Kendrick is called in to investigate the matter, and he arrives at the conclusion that a girl, stricken with a mysterious illness, named Sarah is suppose to help him. The Imoogi makes its way to Los Angeles, wreaking havoc and destruction. With the entire city under arms, will Ethan and Sarah make it in time to save the people of Los Angeles?

Critic blurb

John Monaghan, Detroit Free Press:
The only winners in Dragon Wars are the computer-imaging geeks who must have logged tons of overtime. The rest of the world is left scratching its head at a monster epic so dismal that it doesn't even register as a guilty pleasure.

Trivia

This marked the first Korean production in nearly three decades to receive wide theatrical release in the United States.

• Like 1

#21,16 points (13 rank sum):

D-War

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Based on the Korean legend, unknown creatures will return and devastate the planet. Reporter Ethan Kendrick is called in to investigate the matter, and he arrives at the conclusion that a girl, stricken with a mysterious illness, named Sarah is suppose to help him. The Imoogi makes its way to Los Angeles, wreaking havoc and destruction. With the entire city under arms, will Ethan and Sarah make it in time to save the people of Los Angeles?

Critic blurb

John Monaghan, Detroit Free Press:
The only winners in Dragon Wars are the computer-imaging geeks who must have logged tons of overtime. The rest of the world is left scratching its head at a monster epic so dismal that it doesn't even register as a guilty pleasure.

Trivia

This marked the first Korean production in nearly three decades to receive wide theatrical release in the United States.

I completely forgot that even existed, boy was that bad.

#20,16 points (8 rank sum):

Halloween II (2003)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Laurie Strode struggles to come to terms with her brother Michael's deadly return to Haddonfield, Illinois; meanwhile, Michael prepares for another reunion with his sister.

Member blurb

Michael Gary Scott:

I usually dont hate any movie but i despise this movie. 

Critic blurb

Brian Juergens, CampBlood.org:
When Zombie kills a cow with an ambulance in the opening scene the cow dies quietly and doesn't then have to sit through the rest of the movie. And they say he shows no mercy!

Trivia

Rob Zombie originally stated he would never do a sequel to Halloween (2007), until the studio decided to make it. Then he signed on to write and direct, because he didn't want someone to ruin his vision.

#19,18 points (32 rank sum):

Sucker Punch

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

A young girl is institutionalized by her abusive stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the mental facility.

Member blurb

aDIM:
Boring. Neutered, bloodless action. Very disappointing. It's stylish and has a couple of cool sequences but that doesn't cover up the overall "blah-ness" of the film.
C- 

Critic blurb

William Goss, Film.com: Snyder likes to think that his Russian nesting doll of a concept is enough to excuse its hollow center.

Trivia

Vanessa Hudgens says she's looking forward to being seen by a whole new audience that might not necessarily be familiar with her work in the High School Musical (2006) films.

• Like 4