Films

The MeanGirlsFilms top 58 of 2013. TOP 30 UNDERWAY

Posted Image

39. The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

I was expecting to absolutely hate this because of my hatred for the night at the museum series and other similar kind of films but this was actually really good. It started off a bit slow but got pretty good but that scene where he was in the pub in Greenland was just utterly cringeworthy in a bad way and when Kristen Wiig started singing it got a 1,000 times worse but it picked up towards the end and the last issue of LIFE when it is released is a really sweet moment and my favourite part of the film. A pretty good film with a good performance by Stiller

• Like 1

I'll be honest, for a 14 or 15 year old to actually like Walter Mitty is kind of surprising to me.  it's definitely a film with adult themes and adult humour so for him to have it on his list is quite impressive.

38. White House Down

A very good entertaining action film with another great performance by Channing Tatum. Way better than that shitty OHF and this should have earned more at the box office. Jamie Foxx was OK and the daughter was a bit annoying at times like she was in The Conjuring [which was a shame as I loved her in the video for Mean]

37. World War Z

Brad Pitt carries this film singlehandedly into a great action movie but there were parts of the movie that was beyond ridiculous. The scene when the zombies first came about I thought was great. Whoever played Brad Pitt's wife was good. An entertaining thrill

And for one of many controversial choices

36. Man Of Steel

Usually hating Superman, this was one film that took me by surprise that I really enjoyed. Henry Cavill was a very good Superman and the always great Amy Adams was superb again. The ending though with Zod's death was not very good though. Overall, it was a very good Superhero movie.

35. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2

I don't know what to think about this film, it is a very good animation in its on right but pales in comparison to the amazing Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs. The villain was OK but like Panda said, it really just encourages people to eat a lot of unhealthy food. The films animation was not great either but it was still quite enjoyable

34. Philomena

The performances carry this film with great performances by Steve Coogan and Judi Dench with a very inspirational story but IMO, it started to get a little boring towards the end. Judi Dench talking about the books she's reading was fantastic. A really beautiful film that deserves it's best picture nomination and it has a fantastic screenplay

33. Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters

I just decided to watch this on the plane after sitting through identity thief and Shitlympus Has Fallen and I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was really fun with good action scenes and it felt like a good time. Gemma Arteton was very good and this is a major guilty plessure for me.

32. One Chance

This is a film everyone should check out when it's out in America in March. It's about the first winner of Britian's Got Talent and is very interesting, inspirational and great at the same time. The scene where the dad stands up for him is amazing and it is a great film. The music and the score in the film is beautiful. ALSO TAYLOR SWIFT SINGS THE SONG. I LOVE SWEETER THAN FICTION [AND EVERY OTHER TAYLOR SWIFT SONG]

31. The Impossible

This is really weird writing about this film as I've just realised it's 1 year to the date since I saw it in the cinema. Naomi Watts fully deserved her Oscar nomination for her amazing performances with all the other performances being great. The film had great cinematography, script and visual effects though the second half was a bit below the first half in terms of quality. A very very good film

TIME TO CRACK THE TOP 30

But Before We Crack The Top 30: A Review of the 4 films I saw from 2013 after I made my list

The Heat:

A fantastic comedy with another fantastic performances by Sandra Bullock- one of the best actresses around. Melissa McCarthy is amazing and this film is hilarious and funny. Loved It [A]

The Bling Ring:

A film I surprisingly really enjoyed but it goes from the first 60 minutes being the tale about the boy in the film and then the next half an hour just suddenly shifts all onto Emma Watson's character. Also that last scene was atrocious and the character of Sam [i think that's her name] was annoying but a good film all in all [b+/B]

Escape From Planet Earth:

Probably my guilty plessure of 2013 with great animation and a lovely story with compelling characters and fantastic twists. An amazing animation which is shame that didn't reach a wider audience [A+/A]

What Maisie Knew:

I never had any intention on watching this film but im glad I did with a fantastic performance by the person who played Margo who I hope breaks out into a bigger star in the future. A lovely sweet film that I highly recommend [A/A-]

Now back on with the countdown

30. Flight

Denzel Washington gives a great performance and the plane part of the movie is amazing but in parts it bores and is not great. Not much else to say about this film

Controversial Choice 1;

29. OZ: The Great And Powerful

I thought MIla Kunis was great in this film. THERE I SAID IT. Rachel Weisz was also amazing though I wasn't too sure about James Franco. Seemed a bit miscast. I really enjoyed the story and the visual effects were stunning. IMO, this is really underrated and actually a great film.

Controversial Choice 2:

28. Epic

Personally, I loved this film which had great characters and an enjoyable plot but Im starting to think I might be overestimating this film due to everyone elses opinion on here and in real life [and also I just watched the first 45minutes of The Guilt Trip which you can read more about on the top of page 1 to give you a clue how much I enjoyed that one]. The trailers looked awful so I skipped it in the cinemas but I thought it was really good.

27. Captain Philips

Tom Hanks was amazing. How was he snubbed for an Oscar nomination. The best performance of the year. Barkhad Abdi was also great and im glad he was recognised by AMPAS [think that's the correct acronym] for his performance as the Somailian pirate. The first 70 minutes of this film is great, compelling, interesting and got all my attention. But unlike many other people I didn't think the ending was that great and I found it a little bit underwhelming but a great film in general.

26. The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

A film I was really not expecting to like but it was really good with a stand out performance by Evangeline Lily [i LOVE TAURIEL NOW]. The barrel scene was fantastic and the score was very very good but just when it was getting amazing and amazing and amazinger, the film ended. THAT CLIFFHANGER. I hate cliffhangers for films [unless I know it's coming like Catching Fire as I read the books]. A pretty good film overral and Smaug looked great

25. The Great Gatsby

This film would have been higher if I had not seen it a second time. The first time in the cinema it was visually stunning with fantastic music [how was young and beautiful by the always amazing beautiful talented fantastic singer Lana Del Ray snubbed for an Oscar nom] and a great plot. Also the performances by Leo Di Caprio, Carey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire were all great but the second time I saw it, I found it a bit boring. Also Isla Fisher was amazing but it was not her best performance of the year leading on to.......

24. Now You See Me

WOW. I loved this movie so much. Isla Fisher is absolutely amazing again and the rest of the ensemble is great [which includes Lex Luthor and Haymitch]. The plot was amazing and so was the visuals. The many twists were suprising and very fantastic. Also loved Melanie Laurent in this film. A fantastic and beautiful film that I'm glad was a box office breakout

and now for the last one today

23. Kick Ass 2

I actually preferred this one over the first film and this one included fantastic action scenes and the return of the amazing characters of Kick Ass and Hit-Girl along with the great new character Colonol Stars And Stripes. I decided to watch this one morning with Kick Ass back to back and I was really surprised at how I loved both of them so much. Really hope there's a Kick Ass 3

• Like 1

Looking Ahead To The Rest Of 2014: My Top 5 Anticipated

5. A Million Ways To Die In The West:

I love Family Guy and I love Ted and the trailer made me laugh so much. Can't wait for this

4. The Muppets Most Wanted:

I loved the first one and this look great and who doesn't love Kermit and Miss PIggy

3. The Fault In Our Stars:

This is based on an amazing book and Shaliene Woodley is a great actress. This should be amazing

2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1:

I Loved this book, I love this series and I love Jennifer Lawrence. What more is there to say

1. Divergent:

I have nearly finished this book and it is absolutely amazing and it looks fantastic. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS

22. The Internship

This was a film that I surprisingly loved. Funny and sweet at the same times with great performances from Wilson and Vaughn. Rose Byrne was great and so was the rest of the cast. Really really enjoyed this. Don't remember much more

21. The Smurfs 2

In a very small amount of people, I loved the first one and I also was surprised at how much I loved this. All the smurfs are amazing especially Smurfette. I love the Britney Spears soundtrack song and this had a great storyline. Really funny.

20. Planes

I hate Cars, Cars 2 was OK but I love Planes. The storyline was surprisingly amazing and very funny and the main plane was a very good character. I'm glad this didn't go straight to DVD. Really looking forward to Planes 2

• Like 1