luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

yes, malick should be higher you fucking plebs

LOL. I had to look up what the word "pleb" meant. In all seriousness, Malick is a bad choice. However, the recent 5 directors all belong on this list. This might be the best run that this list has had. I expect to have someone like the Coens or Lynch ruin it, but I enjoyed this last stretch since it had 5 truly great directors.

Posted Image

Wolfgang Reitherman (June 26, 1909 – May 22, 1985), also known and sometimes credited as Woolie Reitherman, was a famed Disney animator and one of Disney's Nine Old Men.
For sure one of the best, the Jungle Book and 101 Dalmatians are classics. Edited by Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

Michael Benjamin Bay (born February 17, 1965)[1] is an American film director and producer. He is known for directing high-budget action films characterized by their fast edits, stylistic visuals and substantial practical special effects.[2][3] His films, which include Armageddon (1998), Pearl Harbor (2001) and the Transformers film series (2007–present), have grossed over three billion dollars world-wide.[4] He is co-founder of commercial production house The Institute, a.k.a. The Institute for the Development of Enhanced Perceptual Awareness.[5] He is co-chair and part-owner of the digital effects house Digital Domain.[6] He co-owns Platinum Dunes, a production house which has remade horror movies including The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003), The Amityville Horror (2005), The Hitcher (2007), Friday the 13th (2009) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010).[7]
Another great director, i love Armageddon and Transformers.

Posted Image

Richard Donner (born April 24, 1930) is an American film director, comic book writer and film producer.

After directing the horror film The Omen (1976), Donner became famous for the hailed creation of the first modern superhero film, Superman (1978), starring Christopher Reeve. The influence of this film eventually helped establish the superhero concept as a respected film genre.

Donner later went on to direct such films as The Goonies (1985) and Scrooged (1988), while reinvigorating the buddy film genre with Lethal Weapon (1987) and its sequels. He and his wife, producer Lauren Shuler Donner, own the production company The Donners' Company, which is most well known for producing the X-Men film series.

In 2000, he received the President's Award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films. He was also nominated for Best Director in 1978 for Superman. Film historian Michael Barson writes that Donner had "emerged as one of Hollywood's most reliable makers of action blockbusters".[1]

One of the best, the Omen is a classic hands down.

LOL. I had to look up what the word "pleb" meant. In all seriousness, Malick is a bad choice. However, the recent 5 directors all belong on this list. This might be the best run that this list has had. I expect to have someone like the Coens or Lynch ruin it, but I enjoyed this last stretch since it had 5 truly great directors.

The Coens ruin nothing.NOTHING.
  • Like 3