A Marvel Fanboy

Should Hollywood make a live action EVANGELION movie ?

Pacific Rim was nothing like Evangelion, not even in concept.

Come on. Giant, city destroying threats, constantly changing and adapting, which can't be destroyed via regular means, appears apparently randomly to destroy cities and try cause the extinction of humanity, leading the government to construct giant robots (although in Eva, obviously they turn out not to be) to fight these monsters, which can only be piloted by certain kinds of people?

Sure, they are also a lot of differences, but the similarities are hard to ignore.

If anything, Transformers is nothing like Pacific Rim or Evangelion in concept. The only similarity is the fact there are giant robots in it.

• Like 1

Come on. Giant, city destroying threats, constantly changing and adapting, which can't be destroyed via regular means, appears apparently randomly to destroy cities and try cause the extinction of humanity, leading the government to construct giant robots (although in Eva, obviously they turn out not to be) to fight these monsters, which can only be piloted by certain kinds of people?

Sure, they are also a lot of differences, but the similarities are hard to ignore.

If anything, Transformers is nothing like Pacific Rim or Evangelion in concept. The only similarity is the fact there are giant robots in it.

Sure and true.

There are some similar elments. But I would not consider “Angels” in EVA to be monsters, from the beginning. Btw, all EVA Units are (mostly) made of Angel bodies, unlike Jeagers in PR. Plus, PR doesnot have concept like AT field or human aid project.

Similarly, I wouldnt call The Matrix a dumbed down version of Ghost in the Shell.

Sure and true.

There are some similar elments. But I would not consider “Angels” in EVA to be monsters, from the beginning. Btw, all EVA Units are (mostly) made of Angel bodies, unlike Jeagers in PR. Plus, PR doesnot have concept like AT field or human aid project.

Similarly, I wouldnt call The Matrix a dumbed down version of Ghost in the Shell.

I know. There are tons of differences between the two. That's why I said Pacific Rim is probably the closest we're going to get to Evangelion rather than saying it's pretty much Evangelion (which it most definitely isn't).

• Like 1

I find emotionally these animes are very dark and emotional and not sure would appeal to general audiences. ( I like them though)

I was watching Attack On Titan and my sister who likes anime (but stuff like Dragon Ball Z and Sailormoon) and found it too dark and scary. 

I created an account just for the ability to answer.

Are you serious you're asking about a hollywood remake of Evangelion when Pacific rims came out a year ago?!

If you think Pacific Rim is a suitable adaptation of Evangelion, then you obviously haven't watched one of the two. I said Pacific Rim was probably the closest we're going to get to Evangelion. There are still a fuckton of major differences between the two, in plot, characterisation, style and general tone.