JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

IA4 had a $4.9m weekend so it should have made about $1m on Monday nationwide given it's school holidays everywhere. If we assume QLD is about 20-25% of the market then IA4 probably made around $0.200-0.250m in Queensland on Monday. That probably means TASM had an opening day of $175-225 thousand. Mon-Tue: $0.350mWed: $1.0mSo no more the $1.5m by the end of Wednesday. Should then have a $4-5m thu-sun. I think Ted can beat that.

I thought you'd give an indication if I throughout some numbers.So can we narrow it down further?a. 160,000-179,999b. 180,000-199,999c. 200,000-219,999

Edited by DeeCee

I new you would like multiple choice. So, $227,545 then. I might have to refine my projections. Tuesday could have been about $180,000 leading to a Queensland total for two days of about $400,000. The Wednesday opening in the rest of the country should be about $800,000 plus another $180,000 from Queensland gives us a three day total of about $1,380,000. $1.5m at the most by the end of Wednesday. Another's $4.5m over the 4 day weekend and it should be around $6m by Sunday. TASM under Ted for the 4 day weekend. TASM first 7 days under The Avengers opening day.

Edited by DeeCee

Oh FYI - my work it absolutely destroyed yesterday.Every single session of Ice Age was full (hours in advance). The Avengers sold over 70 tickets for it's session (WTF 11 WEEKS LATER?!?!)Three Stooges sold out a couple of sessions.Brave sold out four or so sessions (thanks to IA4 overflow)So it was basically Ice Age 4 FTW and to thank for most other things selling out (but they were quite full without)And an honorable mention Katy Perry for selling 30 tickets to one session (with the majority because it was the only session that wasn't sold out for another hour!!)Now, NEXT Tuesday should be interesting!

I wonder if the rest of the country will follow Queensland with IA4 beating TASM.Rth,Did IMAX Sydney drop a session of TASM for the next week? I'm sure that on the weekend the 9pm session was listed as TASM but now It"s Prometheus.

I wonder if the rest of the country will follow Queensland with IA4 beating TASM.Rth,Did IMAX Sydney drop a session of TASM for the next week? I'm sure that on the weekend the 9pm session was listed as TASM but now It"s Prometheus.

no there was never a 9pm of TASM @ Sydney Imax 9p was reserved for PromIt may well be for Wed evening tell a different tale but you do also have the football game tonight but IA4 is way above tASM ,IA4 did over 2m on Tues Edited by Rth

Yeah, I'm seeing some pretty low pre-sales for sessions starting from around 6:30 onwards especially in NSW and QLD. It will be interesting to see if they fill up.Does it look like TASM will cross $1m today?