JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Weekend actuals1-Taken2 7,648,365 7,781,7895th biggest 2012 opening behind TDKR, TA, THG, Tedbiggest Oct opening ,Previous #1 6th Sense (99) 4.667m2-Mad3 3,146,030 -13% 21,321,9623- HT 2,214,595 +7 9,438,0614-Looper 2,016,052 -31% 6,750,3275-DOWK3 1,457,143 -4% 7,251,3756-Mental 1,096,012 1,587,680

Edited by Rth

Wasn't expecting it to open so well. I saw it on Saturday afternoon. Big queues in both the normal line and the express line for tickets bought online. Running a bit late and walked in just as the funeral scene ended. The screening was less the half full.

That's still pretty high. It's misleading for Fox to report theatres, not sure what the point of it is.

In a nutshell being lazy due to a change with a system, that the work around is simple (but somethings the simplest thing is hardest), however most times with the weekend INTL reports prints are reported, lately to films with 3D reporting from them be odd its been the 2d locations + 3d locations (now a lot of those are the same, however the combined would intially come close to a print/screen count)

Besides Movie Marshal and Urban Cinefile anyone know any other sources of Australia weekend box office?

I was doing some research and Daylight opened on Dec 26. For that weekend it made A$2.2m, but ultimately finished with less than A$10m. I can't find second weekend data anywhere, or how many theaters/screens it was on for the first week.

I'm also interested in Cliffhanger's opening weekend. It must have been big because it finished with over A$10m, but it's not on MM or UC..

Besides Movie Marshal and Urban Cinefile anyone know any other sources of Australia weekend box office?

I was doing some research and Daylight opened on Dec 26. For that weekend it made A$2.2m, but ultimately finished with less than A$10m. I can't find second weekend data anywhere, or how many theaters/screens it was on for the first week.

I'm also interested in Cliffhanger's opening weekend. It must have been big because it finished with over A$10m, but it's not on MM or UC..

Daylight

we1 171 2.215m

we2 175 1.363m

total cume 7.994m

Cliffhanger

we1 104 1.876m

total cume 10.452m

Daylightwe1 171 2.215mwe2 175 1.363mtotal cume 7.994mCliffhangerwe1 104 1.876mtotal cume 10.452m

Wow, just wow. Where do you get that from? Doesn't matter if you want to keep it a secret, but could you be a little more accurate with the figures? and are they in USD or A$?Thanks Rth. :)