JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

guys, you are missing something here..... This weeks weekdays + the following weekend (final of holidays will nearly take DM2 to 30m alone...) Here are my predictions for DM2: Weekdays: 3.5m / 25.9mWeekend: 4.1m / 30.0mWeekdays: 1.5m / 31.5mWeekend: 2.4m / 33.9mWeekdays: 800k / 34.7mWeekend: 1.1m / 35.8mFrom this point I think it could make a further 3m.... Thats 38m+  Another option: Weekdays: 3.0m / 25.4mWeekend: 3.5m / 28.9mWeekdays: 1.0m / 29.9mWeekend: 1.5m / 31.4mWeekdays: 600k / 32.0mWeekend: 700k / 32.7mMakes around a further 1.5m from here.. so a total of 34.2m. I see this bottom run as really bottom end now... given my further analysis... i think Finding Nemo is well within reach here and as i've already said an outside shot at 40m should it surprise somewhere in the next week or so.

Well we should all go see it again and help it along to $40m :P
  • Like 1

Pacific Rim.. I'm going to tentatively say $4m. Could go much higher though or lower.

Im not feeling much hype for it at all, to be honest.

If it gets that high, it'll have the holidays to thank (see The Lone Ranger)

DM2 40m fuck me :)Think at this point look at 32.2-33.2

MU 22-23

WWZ 18.5-19

MOS 25

TFR 9.5

Also DM2,MOS,FF6 have now past their predecessors in Admits

it's within the realms of possibilities at the moment.. all comes down to this week really... if we can get past 30m by sunday... well game on.... ;)

• Like 1

it's within the realms of possibilities at the moment.. all comes down to this week really... if we can get past 30m by sunday... well game on.... ;)

Slight chance of 30m by Sunday (it'll need boost thu-sun to do it, Thu-Fri should play like Wed, Sat/sun will drop from weekday bus.) but more like Mon or Tues, but even if say it hit 30m by sunday its not doing another 10 or anywhere near, if @ 30m by weekend it would most likely do around 33.5

At this stage at the very top end i'd say 34, but still have range 32.4-33.2 for now. Law of averages would have cume by wk3 be 76-80% of total, see how it plays out. MU should have similar trajectory

Edited by Rth

Slight chance of 30m by Sunday (it'll need boost thu-sun to do it, Thu-Fri should play like Wed, Sat/sun will drop from weekday bus.) but more like Mon or Tues, but even if say it hit 30m by sunday its not doing another 10 or anywhere near, if @ 30m by weekend it would most likely do around 33.5At this stage at the very top end i'd say 34, but still have range 32.4-33.2 for now. Law of averages would have cume by wk3 be 76-80% of total, see how it plays out. MU should have similar trajectory

To be at $30m by Sunday, making the money it is now and to only finish <33m would be crazy.

To be at $30m by Sunday, making the money it is now and to only finish <33m would be crazy.

at 30 or slight under to finish 33 or less wouldn't be crazy actually, if it ends up doing over 34, I fall of my chair...no I'll fall of a building, it would be great  (not the falling of a building) but don't see it happening. it would need seriously big holds in weeks 5/6 and maybe it'll suprise a lot and do it (stranger things have happened)

If you looked at avg of some Animated films released in same holiday periods (i.e. states on/off sametime) full wk4 drops 45% (NSW/VIC finishing) and week 5 -70%(WA/SA finishing)

To give you an idea on something QLD where hols are now over midweek it fell avg of 72% , it will of cause come back on weekend (most theatres are keeping it on this coming week)

Midweek trade in QLD, hols over

DM2 -72%

MU -74%

Epic -74%

MOS -60%

WWZ -52%

FF6 -70%

TGG -40%

Top 5 QLD last wkend

DM2,TFR,MOS,MU,WWZ

Mid week

TFR,MOS,DM2,MU,WWZ

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

I also 40m is very unlikely but it's possible at this point with reasonable drops. Ice age 4 managed a further 4m+ after the same weekend. If dm2 is around 30m, that puts 34m in the picture. Also from the same point toy story 3 managed 12m but I'm not sure whether some states were a week later that year. I do think another 10m is stretching the friendship but 4m to 8m is very possible putting my final between 34m and 38m.

Yuck! Bloody Queenslanders and their making TFR no.1.Jajang, your people are to blame :P

Urg. What r u thinking qld!!! I can understand dm2 dropping but tlr in the top spot. :(