JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

it'll go over 8.2mil for weekendIt'll also be the 3rd biggest 2nd weekend (behind Avatar,mix school &public hols & Shrek 2 ,school hols ) so biggest 2nd wkend non-holiday2nd fastest to 30mil

Great news

it'll go over 8.2mil for weekendIt'll also be the 3rd biggest 2nd weekend (behind Avatar,mix school &public hols & Shrek 2 ,school hols ) so biggest 2nd wkend non-holiday2nd fastest to 30mil

Wow. In your opinion, RTH, does $50m + seem certain?

Wow. In your opinion, RTH, does $50m + seem certain?

Without working anything out i'd say yes, other than DS opening there is no competition this coming weekend for it and the following week only WIB & Dictator(wed opening)US sunday is looking very strong

Without working anything out i'd say yes, other than DS opening there is no competition this coming weekend for it and the following week only WIB & Dictator(wed opening)US sunday is looking very strong

55M or more.

But how strong?!?

To put this in even better context......

HP8 vs TF3 vs TA

1: 18.4m/25.5m vs 12.4m/15.0m vs 13m/19m EST

2: 8m/38.7m vs 7m/27.2m vs ?

3: 3.8m/44.5m vs 3m/32.9m vs ?

Excluding the opening day, TA is closer to TF3 which collapsed in it's third weekend, something i think TA can avoid (no competition or lack thereof in comparison ;) )

looking at the above.......

projections for TA: (and yes i'm taking into account the other films are during school holidays)

1: 13m/19m

2: 7m/29m

3: 3.8m/34.6m

That should push a total > 45m... needs some good holds to make 50m though.

Wow - i was even off the mark with what i thought to be an optimistic view of the world.... :D

I am just stunned.

HP8 vs TF3 vs TA

1: 18.4m/25.5m vs 12.4m/15.0m vs 13m/19m EST

2: 8m/38.7m vs 7m/27.2m vs 8.2m/31.1m

3: 3.8m/44.5m vs 3m/32.9m vs ?

ok most likely 3rd weekend is say around 4.5m

but i'm going out on a limb and looking for a 5.5m 3rd weekend :D

3: 5.5m/38.9m

4: 3.5m/44.2m

5: 2.3m/47.2m

Projected Total = 54m

Ok Maybe a little optimistic ??? not real sure after a hold like that. This is uncharted waters here - a film to open that massive and hold that well is just unheard of. Even potter crashed in it's 2nd weekend.

u know, this actually has a shot at titanic's original total (57m)... I did not see this coming period. just stunning(I had thought 35m at absolutely best... heck I would have been happy with around 30m for this here... but to be talking 50m. well ummmm... - just speechless.)

u know, this actually has a shot at titanic's original total (57m)... I did not see this coming period. just stunning(I had thought 35m at absolutely best... heck I would have been happy with around 30m for this here... but to be talking 50m. well ummmm... - just speechless.)

I'm kind of in awe of Titanic's number, it doesn't seem very high, but it's only been beaten once in 14 years. And I don't think Avengers will pass it.

how can u not be in awe of that film... 57m in 1997!!!! thats like doing over 120m these days... (I guess we got a taste of that though when Avatar almost pulled that feat off only a few years ago ;) :Dyou think titanic is having trouble being touched by another film... I am struggling to see how anything gets close to avatar at the moment unless it has cameron attached to it! I mean within 60m close that is ;) We all thought potter could do it opening with 25m in 5 days and it still fell short of titanic. Avengers could be the closest excluding avatar yet... Still I think the hobbit should do it even if avengers doesn't. (PS i do not see TDKR getting anywhere near that either)

Avengers will definitely be the top grossing movie for the calendar year, but I think The Hobbit will end up with more.Actually, could The Hobbit be the top grossing movie of the 2013 calendar year? FOTR very nearly was, same with ROTK.

Jajang, let's hope your TA estimates turn out like your Avatar estimates.

Whats that ? continue to put out rediculous predictions (holds) only to have avatar go on and better time and time again ?So far ....I pedicted 7m for the 2nd weekend and what was the result.... hmmmmmto quote a favourite line of mine.... HULK SMASH!
  • Like 1

how can u not be in awe of that film... 57m in 1997!!!! thats like doing over 120m these days... (I guess we got a taste of that though when Avatar almost pulled that feat off only a few years ago ;) :Dyou think titanic is having trouble being touched by another film... I am struggling to see how anything gets close to avatar at the moment unless it has cameron attached to it! I mean within 60m close that is ;) We all thought potter could do it opening with 25m in 5 days and it still fell short of titanic. Avengers could be the closest excluding avatar yet... Still I think the hobbit should do it even if avengers doesn't. (PS i do not see TDKR getting anywhere near that either)

:), in Brief while Avatar took like 2 times Titanic it didn't beat it in Admissions