JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

It's dropping a bit faster then Bridesmaids but from a much higher level. At this point Bridesmaids had made $11.875m and went on to gross $27.147m. That's a multiplier of 2.3 from this point. Even if Ted only has a multiplier of 1.75 from this point it still gets to $42m. The closest direct competition is not till the 9th of August with The Campaign.Mon-Wed:$2.4m ($26.4m) down 40% with no school holidays3rd WKD: $4.7m ($31.1m) -30%Mon-Wed:$1.6m ($32.7m) -35%4th WKD: $3.3m ($36.0m) -30%Mon-Wed:$1.0m ($37.0m) -40%5th WKD: $2.0m ($39.0m) -40%Should pass $40m by the end of it's 5th weekend or 6th at the latest. After Crocodile Dundee it should be the highest grossing comedy ever in Australia. It should enter the top 15 unadjusted and gross more then most of the Harry Potters, all the Transformers and every comic book adaptation apart from TDK.

• Like 1

I think it can still at least do over $4m and still be on track to hit $40m.The Hangover dropped 30% on it's 3rd weekend when Transformers:ROTF opened. Although Hangover was from a much lower gross.

Edited by DeeCee

^ I think TASM is taking just a small hit this weekend also ;)And while TDKR will be big... the question is now... how big ?I think a 4m to 4.5m OD is about where it will land.. (Remember school is back in most states now so this would be strong )and around a 13m to 14m OW is my thoughts... (I don't see this touching the all time top 3 OW's - well frankly I'm not sure it will be in the top 5...)And while the The Avengers has impressed as a comic book film, comic book films in general aren't as strong here (and no ledger now this time to help out)To be considered a success here I think an opening > 12m is required. Anything less is a dissappointment.. if we go above 15m then we are starting to get into very good territory..My final prediction:OD = 4.2mOW = 13.6mFinal = 38.4m(I hope i'm wrong but i just don't see this reaching TDK's highs especially given what TA has already done this year)

^ I think TASM is taking just a small hit this weekend also ;)And while TDKR will be big... the question is now... how big ?I think a 4m to 4.5m OD is about where it will land.. (Remember school is back in most states now so this would be strong )and around a 13m to 14m OW is my thoughts... (I don't see this touching the all time top 3 OW's - well frankly I'm not sure it will be in the top 5...)And while the The Avengers has impressed as a comic book film, comic book films in general aren't as strong here (and no ledger now this time to help out)To be considered a success here I think an opening > 12m is required. Anything less is a dissappointment.. if we go above 15m then we are starting to get into very good territory..My final prediction:OD = 4.2mOW = 13.6mFinal = 38.4m(I hope i'm wrong but i just don't see this reaching TDK's highs especially given what TA has already done this year)

Yep, definitely not reaching the heights of TA or TDK.