Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' has reached all-time Top 15 list

3 hours ago, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

489K For TLM day 2 here in Italy.

Total gross so far :1.131,714 M Euros.  

Comp at day 2:

- 200k Euros VS Aladdin (ended its run with 15.5 M)

= same gross as Maleficent (ended its run with 14 M)

+ 200K  vs Dumbo (ended its run with 11M)

So far it's playing like Maleficent (obviously the admissions are way lower due to 9 years of inflaction), but I think it will not have the same legs.

My prediction: total cume in the 9-13M range, depending on the weather in the upcoming weeks.

Basically a flop.

I completely forgot Dumbo passed the 10M, 2019 was truly an impressive year for our box office

728K For TLM day 3 here in Italy.

Total gross so far :1.861,158 M Euros.  

Comp at day 3:

- 400k Euros VS Aladdin (ended its run with 15.5 M)

- 300K  vs Dumbo (ended its run with 11M)

= same gross as Maleficent (ended its run with 14 M)

Still playing like Maleficent (obviously the admissions are way lower due to 9 years of inflaction), but that had an impressive day 4 boost. It's running about 20% lower than Aladdin, which would put the total end run at about 12M, spot on my prediction range (9-13M).

1.220M For TLM day 4 here in Italy.

Total gross so far : 3.090,144 M Euros.  

Comp at day 4:

- 1M Euros VS Aladdin (ended its run with 15.5 M)

- 300K  vs Dumbo (ended its run with 11M)

- 400K vs Maleficent (ended its run with 14 M)

Terrible day 4 for TLM. Faring worse than Maleficent and Dumbo at this point. A sub-10 milion total likely to happen. An utter flop.

Edited by ThePrinceIsOnFire
  • Like 2

La sirenetta sopra i 4M nel weekend 24-28 maggio 2023 - CineGuru (screenweek.it)

La Sirenetta opened with 4.2M euros, it should reach 10M after all so it's not that bad but let's look at other Disney openings: Lion King 14.3M, Alice in Wonderland 10.7M, Beauty and The Beast 7M, Aladdin 6.4M, Cenerentola 5.2M and Maleficient 5M...

Harsh drop for every other film due to competition+weather, -70% for Fast X which is now at 9.5M, -70% for Guardians now over the 10M and -75% for Mario

Other news to finish, the interesting "Rapito" by Marco Bellocchio opened with 460k euros, while Slam Dunk instead ended with 562k 

Edited by MG10

I've seen that due to the event "Cinema in Festa" which reached its second year from 11 to 15 June all tickets will costs just 3.5 euros, very interesting even if I would have liked a full week

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I'll probably see guardians and spiderverse with it, maaaaaybe flash but not too sure I can manage to be there on a thursday and I don't think I'd go for it full price

I'll watch Spider Verse too, maybe also one between Transformers and Flash if the reviews are good (since I'm not really interested) 

6 hours ago, MG10 said:

I've seen that due to the event "Cinema in Festa" which reached its second year from 11 to 15 June all tickets will costs just 3.5 euros, very interesting even if I would have liked a full week

11? Is it starting on Sunday?

55 minutes ago, Zamor said:

11? Is it starting on Sunday?

Yes 🤷‍♂️

There will be also another 5 days in September, exactly like last year (even if it wasn't as widespred as now) 

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

Yes 🤷‍♂️

There will be also another 5 days in September, exactly like last year (even if it wasn't as widespred as now) 

When will Italy have a cinema day like “All cinema in Italy only speak English day” lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

When will Italy have a cinema day like “All cinema in Italy only speak English day” lol

Never 😛

I have a medium sized theater that picks a film every week to play in english out of what's currently out, but it's usually whatever they expect it to be the highest grossing new film on that week. If it's not available I usually end up going to an arthouse cinema in the centre if it's something I really want to see in original language (had to go see Beau is Afraid there since the medium-sized theater opted for the shitty adam driver with the dinos film on that week lol).

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Never 😛

I have a medium sized theater that picks a film every week to play in english out of what's currently out, but it's usually whatever they expect it to be the highest grossing new film on that week. If it's not available I usually end up going to an arthouse cinema in the centre if it's something I really want to see in original language (had to go see Beau is Afraid there since the medium-sized theater opted for the shitty adam driver with the dinos film on that week lol).

I live in Florence now and in city center there’s a theater play English movie,at first time I thought that is a theater which for foreigners live here,but when I actually go there,they told me the theater is not “the normal cinema”,is the theater only played last century’s old classic movie,it doesn’t have current popular movie….

Anyway the only way to solve my problem now is learning Italian I think,I’ve download the Duolingo and already learn for half of year,but still really hard for understanding a movie.

It’s still really confused me that is there some law here that banned English movie showed?I checked Google found there’s 3.87 millions foreigners who lived in Italy right now,and 40000 students who will going to Italy for learning every year,it’s should be a big demand for a English cinema.

Edited by Sophia Jane

6 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I live in Florence now and in city center there’s a theater play English movie,at first time I thought that is a theater which for foreigners live here,but when I actually go there,they told me the theater is not “the normal cinema”,is the theater only played last century’s old classic movie,it doesn’t have current popular movie….

Anyway the only way to solve my problem now is learning Italian I think,I’ve download the Duolingo and already learn for half of year,but still really hard for understanding a movie.

It’s still really confused me that is there some law here that banned English movie showed?I checked Google found there’s 3.87 millions people who lived in Italy right now,it’s a big demand for a English cinema.

Ah that sucks.

Some theaters do play films in english (like the ones I mentioned near me), and I use them when there's a film I want to watch in original voice, but it's often a toss-up on whether you have one reasonably close to you. I'm surprised to hear Florence doesn't have one, though, seems strange to me.

In general italians are just not great at english (hell I would argue a lot of italians are not great at italian 😛), so it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Ah that sucks.

Some theaters do play films in english (like the ones I mentioned near me), and I use them when there's a film I want to watch in original voice, but it's often a toss-up on whether you have one reasonably close to you. I'm surprised to hear Florence doesn't have one, though, seems strange to me.

In general italians are just not great at english (hell I would argue a lot of italians are not great at italian 😛), so it is what it is.

It have one cinema play English from Monday-Friday which is the only cinema played English in Florence,but it’s really far from my place which need me cost at least one hour to go there,and it’s not always have English movie,last time I try to watch FastX and spend 1 hour to get there but then they told me there’s no English shows now(it’s the things on Tuesday),so I just waste 1 hour time.(◕︿◕✿)

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

It have one cinema play English from Monday-Friday which is the only cinema played English in Florence,but it’s really far from my place which need me cost at least one hour to go there,and it’s not always have English movie,last time I try to watch FastX and spend 1 hour to get there but then they told me there’s no English shows now(it’s the things on Tuesday),so I just waste 1 hour time.(◕︿◕✿)

You should be able to check on their website no? Theaters near me always display if a show is in english or not. Sucks that it's far from you though.

1 hour ago, Sophia Jane said:

It’s still really confused me that is there some law here that banned English movie showed?I checked Google found there’s 3.87 millions foreigners who lived in Italy right now,and 40000 students who will going to Italy for learning every year,it’s should be a big demand for a English cinema.

Foreigners in Italy are 5.1M, but the ones who speak English as their first language are less than 100k

But the problem as always is that generally we aren't a country who like going to theaters like others, so having movies in English is the last of their problem

Another example is in the cities near Garda Lake where there is a lot of tourism and 90% is from Germany (many also live there), but I've never seen a movie being screened in German

48 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Foreigners in Italy are 5.1M, but the ones who speak English as their first language are less than 100k

But the problem as always is that generally we aren't a country who like going to theaters like others, so having movies in English is the last of their problem

Another example is in the cities near Garda Lake where there is a lot of tourism and 90% is from Germany (many also live there), but I've never seen a movie being screened in German

That’s exactly what I thought now,probably even the demand of going cinema is not a big deal here,I’m a movie fan so I have need for watching movie in theater but other people don’t.

13 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

I live in Rome and I usually find everything in English (or whatever the original language is), there are a lot of screens here. I'm Italian but I don't like dubbing.

I managed to see almost everything I wanted. Sad to hear it's not the same in Florence.

Edited by Zamor
  • Astonished 1