Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I love that the trailer for Fantastic Beasts trots out the Harry Potter theme to try and convince audiences that this is a continuation of some sorts and not an entirely original story. Wizard hasn't even been gone 5 years and already he's being cashed in. The shamelessness of it all.

Maybe FANTASTIC BEASTS will introduce a new American wizard late in the movie: Larry Otter.

• Like 3

Just now, Magic said:

If its as bad as it looks, it doesn't bode well for their plans to build off that film over the next few years. 

Except a lot of people think it looks great. And they also are really looking forward to the Justice League movie and individual spinoffs. So I don't think personal opinion will matter much (whether yours or mine).

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Except a lot of people think it looks great. And they also are really looking forward to the Justice League movie and individual spinoffs. So I don't think personal opinion will matter much (whether yours or mine).

Who are these "lot of people" you speak of? 

Snyder hasn't made one good movie, and even the trailers for this have been bad, which is usually the only thing he has going for him. They've given him the Justice League movies too. 

Pray for the DCCU. 

1 minute ago, Magic said:

Snyder hasn't made one good movie, and even the trailers for this have been bad, which is usually the only thing he has going for him. They've given him the Justice League movies too. 

Pray for the DCCU. 

I am one of those. And like me there are many many more :)

1 minute ago, Magic said:

Even just glancing through the BVS thread shows a lot of people who're really excited. (And yes, a lot of bitching too, but that's to be expected for a Snyder movie).

It's Batman and Superman! It's the first appearance of Wonder Woman? Are you telling me basically every comic fan won't be interested in at least checking it out?

I'm agnostic about all this: I'm not a big fan of Snyder and the trailers for BVS don't really excite me much. And I'm not a huge comic fan anyway. But I think the movie's gonna do well, regardless of how I feel about it.

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Even just glancing through the BVS thread shows a lot of people who're really excited. (And yes, a lot of bitching too, but that's to be expected for a Snyder movie).

It's Batman and Superman! It's the first appearance of Wonder Woman? Are you telling me basically every comic fan won't be interested in at least checking it out?

I'm agnostic about all this: I'm not a big fan of Snyder and the trailers for BVS don't really excite me much. And I'm not a huge comic fan anyway. But I think the movie's gonna do well, regardless of how I feel about it.

I think Warner is shooting its load a bit too early.

Man of Steel 2 becomes almost The Justice League with the Holy Trinity.

Too soon, no build up.

Paging Kevin Feige.

People will go for that reason, but once the novelty wears off, they will have to make good films to keep bringing them back to these DC movies. I'm yet to be convinced that anyone at WB/DC knows what they are doing. Zack Snyder should be directing the next Nicki Minaj music video, not Justice League. 

Edited by Magic

I am sure there are other guys behind the scenes but he s doing BvS & the Justice League Movies, he was the one that cast WW, a pretty big decision & judging from his interviews, he seems knee deep involved into the DC verse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am sure there are other guys behind the scenes but he s doing BvS & the Justice League Movies, he was the one that cast WW, a pretty big decision & judging from his interviews, he seems knee deep involved into the DC verse.

Sure, he's involved. The others are Deborah Snyder, Charles Rosen, Greg Silverman & Jon Berg (WB), Diane Nelson & Geoff Johns (DC). I assume Johns has as much clout as anyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

BVS is gonna make a lot of money for WB, mess or not.

And people conveniently forget home video, the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman toys and shirts thall be sold, plus this is the type of movie TNT and FX would love to shell out for.

Edited by jandrew

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

The lady who died a rather excessive death in JW

3 hours ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

The actress who starred in a wonderful king arthur tv show for 5 years of my life 

Gonna have to go with Pink's description here

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Magic said:

Pray for the DCCU. 

I think a number of people would disagree with you, there.

4 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

There's no pleasing some people. Had DC gone the slow, individual movie approach, they'd be complaining that WB's just copying Marvel and not trying to do their own thing.

(I'd argue that there's no need for them to take it slow. Bats and Supes are already as recognizable as any fictional character can be, and WW isn't far behind. They don't need the setup.)

• Like 1