Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

Studios must stop letting EW handle the photoshoots. Although this one is not even a tenth as embarrassing as Terminator Genisys, stills from the movie would work better. Somewhat like what BvS, AoU and Apocalypse did.

King-Arthur-Charlie-Hunnam-1374-09.jpg

King-Arthur-Charlie-Hunnam-1374-01.jpg

Charlie-Hunnam-King-Arthur-1374-06.jpg

king-arthur-charlie-hunnam-1374-03.jpg

Charlie-Hunnam-King-Arthur-1374-04.jpg

Looks more like a 50 Shades photoshoot than a King Arthur one  :lol:

• Like 1

I don't get the hate for Hunnam- sure, his performance in Pacific Rim is no technical masterpiece, but he's charismatic enough and has good presence, even if his line readings are average. He's likable enough in that role, and his work on SOA was usually pretty excellent. He certainly looks like a superstar and has the natural charisma to pull off ruggedly likable roles. He's certainly no ATJ or Jai Courtney. He's more like Taylor Kitsch (though Pac Rim wasn't a huge flop on JC level or anything) in that his biggest exposure came in negative fashion (Pac Rim backlash and 50 Shades) but he's shown his talent on TV and has alot of the tools needed to be a star.

• Like 2

I thought his charisma and presence in PacRim veered into the negative. I was distracted the whole time in a movie I otherwise kind of liked. He was dire.

Different strokes for different folks there. I thought ATJ in Godzilla was absolutely dire to the point where he damaged a movie I otherwise really enjoyed, but most people I've read on here seem to think he was merely underwritten and forgettable. When it comes to Hollywood's attempts to inorganically create the next Joe Schmoe handsome white guy stars, opinions differ. 

I don't get the hate for Hunnam- sure, his performance in Pacific Rim is no technical masterpiece, but he's charismatic enough and has good presence, even if his line readings are average. He's likable enough in that role, and his work on SOA was usually pretty excellent. He certainly looks like a superstar and has the natural charisma to pull off ruggedly likable roles. He's certainly no ATJ or Jai Courtney. He's more like Taylor Kitsch (though Pac Rim wasn't a huge flop on JC level or anything) in that his biggest exposure came in negative fashion (Pac Rim backlash and 50 Shades) but he's shown his talent on TV and has alot of the tools needed to be a star.

I'm not auto-hating on Hunnam. It's just some actors feel fully contemporary American, and he's one of them.

I'm not auto-hating on Hunnam. It's just some actors feel fully contemporary American, and he's one of them.

Which is funny because he's British, no? Maybe getting to use his normal accent will help, cause otherwise I agree with ddddeeee, he's Worthington levels of bland.

• Like 1

I thought his charisma and presence in PacRim veered into the negative. I was distracted the whole time in a movie I otherwise kind of liked. He was dire.

He sucked the join and fun out of that movie.