The Human Centipede 2 (2011)

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • D
    • C
    • D
    • F

While the first wasn't all that great, it at least had somewhat of a back story and showed some effort in telling a story.

This film however, is just.......everything that I hate how horror films are today.

I absolutely despise this movie, and it's everything that I have against horror movies today. I'm not against obscene or grotesque imagery, however please don't make that the sole focus of your movie. This film has absolutely zero story whatsoever. You basically start the movie with this lunatic loving the movie "The Human Centipede" (in this film, the first movie was portrayed at being just a 'movie', as how we see it), and then BOOM, starts murdering people.............um.....what?

You have the mother who gives hints that he was abused by his dad, plus him being a bed a few times that suggest he was abused, but I mean really? So lame, and very lazy. You could tell the director of this just forced those 40 second clips in there to barely put a story in it, but really wanted to just focus on the gore and disturbing stuff. Sorry, but here's some advice horror film directors today: If the movie doesn't have a story or more importantly characters at all that aren't developed who you care about (I mean seriously, did this film give ANY time for any character, any back ground at all? I get there's 12 of them, but at least highlight one or two for us to focus and know more about), then the film automatically for me will lose pretty much any scare as why am I concerned for these strangers that I don't know? It makes no sense other than just lazy directing "Oh, so let's come up with some really fucked up ideas on how to gross people out.....yup, that'll sure scare them"....

Like.....are you fucking kidding me? Grow the fuck up. It's really sad that still to this day, movies that have come up 40+ something fucking years later like Alien or The Thing and so forth, are far more scarier and more well crafted than shit stains like this. I mean, as much blame as I give this director, I blame the studio even more for looking at this piece of crap and thinking "Hmm.....yeah, this works". 

It only gets a D because I will give kudos to some disturbing themes they tried to so, but really if someone gave it an F, I wouldn't object at all.  3/10.

• Like 1