CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

There's very little separating "real" laugh tracks from "fake" ones, honestly. I used to think as you did, but after having some experience working in that arena, I've come to appreciate where this form of entertainment came from and how it reached its current form.

Have you seen the first season of Sports Night?  Holy shit, that is awful.

I can watch older sitcoms with a laugh track, such as the first 7 seasons of Seinfeld.  

Newer shit like BBT is just awful and feels like they script laughs.

• Like 2

There's very little separating "real" laugh tracks from "fake" ones, honestly. I used to think as you did, but after having some experience working in that arena, I've come to appreciate where this form of entertainment came from and how it reached its current form.

I personally love how there's always one guy with an obnoxious laugh who laughs longer than anyone else :P

I have non sitcom scriptsChuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. The Loch Ness MonsterInternet Girl (parody of Catfish)Grinding Nemo (trying to get a copy of my performance to upload to YouTube)Call Me Tom (aa SLP_esque dramedy about cerebral palsy)Scar's SixNone of these have laugh tracks btw

All of those sounds so bizarre yet so awesome. You should post them on here, or PM them to me if you don't want people to steal them.

• Like 1

Have you seen the first season of Sports Night? Holy shit, that is awful.I can watch older sitcoms with a laugh track, such as the first 7 seasons of Seinfeld. Newer shit like BBT is just awful and feels like they script laughs.

EXACTLYThis is the satire I try to use in that script lol.

lucky. As I didn't own the camera, I didn't get that privilege :/

Sorry to hear. I once owned a small blue video camera, but it stopped working only after a few weeks despite me not doing anything to it.

Aside from that my mom owned a video camera which I was allowed to use.

• Like 1

I always thought Seinfeld had the best studio audiences. For example, I don't think this scene would have been nearly as great without them:

Yes!  I love Seinfeld so much.  I really liked how they would read the exterior dialogue in the studio and get real reactions and play that over the scenes.

Anyway, compare that to this from BBT.

• Like 2

All of those sounds so bizarre yet so awesome. You should post them on here, or PM them to me if you don't want people to steal them.

I'll probably post a few more over the summerIf I can ask a friend, I'm gonna try to upload Grinding Nemo for y'all. It's a One Man Show [actually a speech piece but one man show is an easier way to describe)
  • Like 1

I'll probably post a few more over the summerIf I can ask a friend, I'm gonna try to upload Grinding Nemo for y'all. It's a One Man Show [actually a speech piece but one man show is an easier way to describe)

Would love to see you in person Blanks.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear. I once owned a small blue video camera, but it stopped working only after a few weeks despite me not doing anything to it.Aside from that my mom owned a video camera which I was allowed to use.

I had a camera once. But it was real shitty quality so I stopped bothering with it

Have you seen the first season of Sports Night?  Holy shit, that is awful.

I can watch older sitcoms with a laugh track, such as the first 7 seasons of Seinfeld.  

Newer shit like BBT is just awful and feels like they script laughs.

Yes!  I love Seinfeld so much.  I really liked how they would read the exterior dialogue in the studio and get real reactions and play that over the scenes.

Anyway, compare that to this from BBT.

I have been in the audience for BBT twice. Can confirm that the laughs aren't scripted. The laughs they get are genuine, but definitely polished up a lot in post.

The reason it looks awkward without the laugh track is because the actors actually pause for laughs, the scene is not continuous.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Heh, I went to an MLS All Stars game vs Man United back in 2010 after the World Cup.

The two notable players was Ryan Giggs and Javier Hernandez. No Rooney though or what not.

With the game in Houston, I'm guessing there were a lot of Chicharito fans.

• Like 1