Chrestomanci

DHD Early Estimates for Sunday 12/25/11

Since there are no DT numbers yet, I expect some big ass fudging to get it to #4 considering that only that spot is open according to Nikki and there`s no other movie left to fill it. or maybe they`ll try to add up enough fudge to beat WH for #3.

Edited by fishnets

I can't say I'm completely surprised by that number for WH it's something I could see appealing to older audiences. I mean every now and then Hollywood does have to throw them a bone.

They should throw them a bone more often by incorporating values and themes that appeal to older crowd into movies that target younger audience. For exmaple, when I was working at the cinema, I was pushing BB to senior citizens like crazy and they loved me for it. I`d come over and go "Is there anything that we would like to see? (sigh)" and I`d be like, "Absolutely. BB. It`s really like a crime drama and so good. Not like a stupid superhero movie but you have this crime fighter who just happens to wear a mask. It`s really good, like those slassic ganster movies." So they`d be like "OK,we are in!" and than I up-sell IMAX screen, tell them where to sit for optimum viewing experience. They were looking for me afterwards to thank me. Great movie, great screen, we`ll see it again. Or I`d convince a senior couple who came to see Cindarella Man to see BB. They so loved that movie.