chasmmi

Biggest grossing actor in a Year?

Just thinking that Andy Serkis may well gross over $1 Billion this year and I assume this must be a record (Unless Sam Jackson or Stan Lee were in enough films in one year for their Marvel Cameo Voodoo to win, (or maybe one of the Avatar cast?)

Anyone know what the record is and whether Serkis (or somebody else) has a shot of beating it this year?

Just thinking that Andy Serkis may well gross over $1 Billion this year and I assume this must be a record (Unless Sam Jackson or Stan Lee were in enough films in one year for their Marvel Cameo Voodoo to win, (or maybe one of the Avatar cast?)

Anyone know what the record is and whether Serkis (or somebody else) has a shot of beating it this year?

Not sure if this is a record or not, but in 2003 Hugo Weaving appeared in Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, and LOTR: Return of the King. Together those 3 movies grossed 2.2B Worldwide. (Almost 800M domestic)

And of course, Zoe Saldana appeared in Star Trek and Avatar in 2009 together totaling 3B. Zoe Saldana reached 1B domestic in 2009, 760M for Avatar and 260M for Star Trek.

Michele Rodriguez narrowly edges out Zoe Saldana worldwide thanks to Avatar and Fast and Furious but is only 900M domestic for 2009.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

in 2012 Chris Hemsworth Starred in The Avengers, Snow white and the Huntsman, Red Dawn and Cabin in the woods, worldwide totaling $2b.026.6m Domestically $865.6m 

Edited by KaloVisor

Not sure if this is a record or not, but in 2003 Hugo Weaving appeared in Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, and LOTR: Return of the King. Together those 3 movies grossed 2.2B Worldwide. (Almost 800M domestic)

And of course, Zoe Saldana appeared in Star Trek and Avatar in 2009 together totaling 3B. Zoe Saldana reached 1B domestic in 2009, 760M for Avatar and 260M for Star Trek.

Michele Rodriguez narrowly edges out Zoe Saldana worldwide thanks to Avatar and Fast and Furious but is only 900M domestic for 2009.

of course that depends if you count the film's total gross or what it made within a year, Avatar for example was released in December and made over half of it's gross in 2010.

of course that depends if you count the film's total gross or what it made within a year, Avatar for example was released in December and made over half of it's gross in 2010.

I'm thinking based on release date. In the same way as Hunger Games looks like it will be the biggest grossing film of 2014 even though Guardians grossed more in Calendar year 2014.

• Like 1

I'm thinking based on release date. In the same way as Hunger Games looks like it will be the biggest grossing film of 2014 even though Guardians grossed more in Calendar year 2014.

then in 2017. Saldana may surpass herself again She is playing in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Avatar 3 that year. 

Star Wars + Avengers is locked for 1B. Serkis will be highest-grossing in a year.

Worldwide I'm also extremely confident for 3B, but I don't know if that would beat Avatar + Star Trek (not hard to though).

• Like 2

then in 2017. Saldana may surpass herself again She is playing in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Avatar 3 that year. 

Hey Kalo you mean Avatar 2.. Lol

And yep She may be the first persone on the planet to star in films that have grossed over 5 billion in 1 yr WW and over a billion domestic.

Juggernaut 2 could make between 3-4B+  WWW and 700-900+ M Domestic .. ,

Marvels awesome Guardians of the Galaxy 2 could make 350-400+M domestic and 850-1B+ WW.

Wow for Zoey!!! World record for any actor at the BO imminent.. Pretty much a lock!!!

Hey Kalo you mean Avatar 2.. Lol

And yep She may be the first persone on the planet to star in films that have grossed over 5 billion in 1 yr WW and over a billion domestic.

Juggernaut 2 could make between 3-4B+  WWW and 700-900+ M Domestic .. ,

Marvels awesome Guardians of the Galaxy 2 could make 350-400+M domestic and 850-1B+ WW.

Wow for Zoey!!! World record for any actor at the BO imminent.. Pretty much a lock!!!

I posted that before they pushed it back.. again.. Avatar 3 was scheduled for 2017..

Edited by Jedi Master Kalo