DeeCee

BABYLON 5 | REMASTERED | WATCH NOW ON HBO MAX

I soooooo hope the reboot happens and it gets the treatment it deserves. This one was one awesome show but in some respects it's kinda outaded now. I'd love that writing but with a little more modern sensibilities and of course the latest special effects.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

IHMO the best Sci Fi series of all time.

But is a little scary is how this show predicted some of what has been going on in Politics..with the Rise Of The Right, Xenophobia, etc. And now in Florida we seem to have a version of the Night Watch.

• Like 1

Giving another boost to this show cause I really love it. It's a classic and I'm really glad it's coming, the animated trailer felt like a wave of nostalgia coming back. My dad is also going nuts for this (he loves the show and got me into it).

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:16 AM, LegionWrex said:

Giving another boost to this show cause I really love it. It's a classic and I'm really glad it's coming, the animated trailer felt like a wave of nostalgia coming back. My dad is also going nuts for this (he loves the show and got me into it).

As stated, it is scary how much the events in B5 are like a lot of the crap going down in the US today.

The episod about when the news team from Earth visits B5 is really scary, that episode showed how Fox News works before there was a Fox News

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

It’s unexpected but quite nice that the series is coming to Blu-ray this holiday season. 

I have the whold series..and the spinoffs..on DVD; will look to see if a upgrade is worth it.

Also if in includes the 5 B5 movies as well as the series proper.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have the whold series..and the spinoffs..on DVD; will look to see if a upgrade is worth it.

Also if in includes the 5 B5 movies as well as the series proper.

I don’t think the movies are included. Supposedly it should be better visually, apparently it's a transfer from the 4x3 film elements they were required to deliver to WB for archival purposes way back when.

31 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I don’t think the movies are included. Supposedly it should be better visually, apparently it's a transfer from the 4x3 film elements they were required to deliver to WB for archival purposes way back when.

Oh thank god. This likely means it's a transfer from the original prints so I wanna bet it looks amazing.

11 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Oh thank god. This likely means it's a transfer from the original prints so I wanna bet it looks amazing.

I’m very wary of any sort of expectations, given the long and unfortunate history of its home video releases… but at least it should look better than those DVD box sets. 

On 7/22/2023 at 6:38 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

Not including the movies is a negative, though.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:10 PM, LegionWrex said:

Now if they do the movies....which are a inmportant part of the B5 universe, particualry the pilot movie.

On 7/22/2023 at 6:38 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

The Blu Ray Set  includes the two hour Pilot episode, but not the other movies.

• Like 1