baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

So you lose 59,000 points for not answering SOTM3? As supposed to 2000 points for abstaining. That's really silly and I don't see anywhere on the original post that says you lose 59,000 points.

Edited by #ED

So you lose 59,000 points for not answering SOTM3? As supposed to 2000 points for abstaining. That's really silly and I don't see anywhere on the original post that says you lose 59,000 points.

It doesn't say that, but in the preseason questions it says Abstain 3,000 points, do not answer -8,000 points, so there was a penalty for not answering, so I went with that model. The -56,000 points is actually a less hard penalty for not answering then it could've been as the question states every question you get wrong is -15,000 points and that would take it to -60,000 points if we measure by the 4 questions, but I'll check with baumer to make sure. In the past seasons there's always been a penalty for not answering SOTM's also.

I know 100% though that there has never been a SOTM where the penalty for not answering has been the abstain amount, so you're definitely not gaining points. Best case scenario is zero. So far SOTM's have been zero points if people don't answer, so if that's supposed to be the case I'll fix everything. If you are supposed to lose the maximum amount of points for not answering then every single SOTM question needs to be rescored for those who didn't answer.

Regardless I'm waiting on baumer to answer a few other questions and will ask him about this part as well. Things can always be fixed, so we'll get this sorted out one way or another.

It doesn't say that, but in the preseason questions it says Abstain 3,000 points, do not answer -8,000 points, so there was a penalty for not answering, so I went with that model. The -56,000 points is actually a less hard penalty for not answering then it could've been as the question states every question you get wrong is -15,000 points and that would take it to -60,000 points if we measure by the 4 questions, but I'll check with baumer to make sure. In the past seasons there's always been a penalty for not answering SOTM's also.

I know 100% though that there has never been a SOTM where the penalty for not answering has been the abstain amount, so you're definitely not gaining points. Best case scenario is zero. So far SOTM's have been zero points if people don't answer, so if that's supposed to be the case I'll fix everything. If you are supposed to lose the maximum amount of points for not answering then every single SOTM question needs to be rescored for those who didn't answer.

Regardless I'm waiting on baumer to answer a few other questions and will ask him about this part as well. Things can always be fixed, so we'll get this sorted out one way or another.

Seems to me that each SOTM is considered one giant question, in terms of answering or not answering... so the penalty would be something along the lines of -8,000 or -15,000.

But, of course, baumer makes the final call.

Seems to me that each SOTM is considered one giant question, in terms of answering or not answering... so the penalty would be something along the lines of -8,000 or -15,000.

But, of course, baumer makes the final call.

I figured there should be at least some penalty for not answering. I mean the people who answer and get some of it wrong currently lose more points then those who don't answer. That doesn't really seem fair to me. I'm checking with baumer though to make sure there's no confusion.

I figured there should be at least some penalty for not answering. I mean the people who answer and get some of it wrong currently lose more points then those who don't answer. That doesn't really seem fair to me. I'm checking with baumer though to make sure there's no confusion.

There's never been a draconian penalty for not answering. Sure, you lose some points, but nothing significant.

There's never been a draconian penalty for not answering. Sure, you lose some points, but nothing significant.

Yeah maybe you're right on that one, irregardless though the 0 points for not answering doesn't seem right to me. We'll get this sorted out once B comes back though. It's just a game and things can easily be changed.

• Like 1

Guys, not that this is a big deal (I'm fine, nothing to worry about), but I've been in the hospital for the three days this week which is why Tele did the questions.  I'm home now and very tired but otherwise feeling really good.  I'm taking tomorrow off work and basically sleeping.  I'll be recovered by the weekend and I will focus my energy on the last 4 weeks of the game.

I'll have scoring done, answer any questions, do makeups, get some more SOTM's done and really try to end this year with a bang.

I really want to thank Tele for stepping up this week and of course kelli, jajang, and chas for being my Godsends this year.

Again, I'm fine, nothing to worry about, I was just getting some work done that will help my nerve condition.  Other than fatigue, no side effects.

• Like 2

Thanks Matt, but honestly I'm fine.  I'll be right as rain tomorrow.  I just posted it because this is a tight community and I don't mind sharing stuff with you guys.  Tele knew before I went in and he kept it to himself, but I'm home now so it's no big deal if everyone knows.  

I just don't want you guys to think I abandoned you.  :)

This isn't specifically BSG related, but might be of interest

I've been thinking about our forum games, recently. Right now we've got BSG, which is massive and takes up about 4-5 months of time (depending on how dedicated one is to the the pre-season). And the Winter Game covers November/December, right?

I've gotten the sense that these games provide a lot of investment in the forums, and it's a bit of a shame that there's a bit of a dead zone between the end of the Winter Game and the start of the BSG. If there's some huge movie business, that can suffice to keep interest up, but it did feel like things got pretty light for a while.

I've been thinking about a game format that I'd like to try, probably running for about two months from about MLK to Easter to fill in the gap. I want it to be something that's a bit easier to get into, without the long prep-time, to serve as a sort of appetizer for the main course that is the BSG.

But since I'm not sure if it'd work at all, I though it might be good to do a test run of it for about a month in September/October. Would anyone be interested in trying it out? I'm still working out the details, but if there's sufficient interest, I can start a thread for discussion on the format.

• Like 3

Why the hell was the topic locked? It's 11:50 right now. Anyways here's my answers:

Week 15:

All questions pertain to the three day weekend

All questions worth 1000 points

Due regular time

All questions pertain to the top 11

1) Will F4 open to more than 45 million? No

2) Will F4 make at least 4m in sneaks? No

3) Will Rogue Nation drop more than 51% for the weekend? Yes

4) Will Rogue Nation jump at least 35% on Saturday? No

5) Will Pixels drop at least 47.5%? No

6) Will Shaun the Sheep place in the top 7? No

7) Will Inside Out stay in the top 10? No

8) Will Jurassic World finish above Mr. Holmes? Yes

9) Will The Gift open to more than 10 million? No

10) Will Minions finish above Ant-Man? Yes

11) Will any movie jump at least 78% on Friday? No

12) Will Paper Towns pass 31.5 million in total gross? No

10/12 3000

11/12 5000

12/12 7000

What finishes in spots:

3 Ricki and the Flash

4 The Gift

5 Vacation

6 Minions

7 Antman

2000 each

5000 bonus if you get all 5 correct

Bonus 1: What is Rogue Nations’ percentage drop (specify to three decimal places)? 5000 51.372%

Bonus 2: What will F4 make on OD (including sneaks)? 5000 18.674m

Bonus 3: What will be F4’s WW gross (by Sunday estimates)? 5000 115.327m

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro

except the winter game is mid/late september to mid January

Things like Box Office alliance and Box office survivor have always coincided traditionally will the bigger summer/winter game.

Just for reference though I am planning to tweak the winter game schedule to be more late October until Valentines in the calendar.

regardless though, that does not stop any other game rearing its head whenever it wishes. (this comes from the creator of Box Office League that ran for one wonderful season in 2013. )