CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Jurassic World's idea was all Trevorrow. 

Anyway, 1 hour until Rth and/or Gopher bring the news.

That's not cool for Mark Protosevich, John Sayles, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa that actually wrote the script's drafts that Trevorrow made his own. Raptor training was already in John Sayles script as was the Indominus Rex on the loose, the functioning park was already there in Silver & Jaffa's script. Trevorrow is totally not at the origin of it all. He was a hired gun that hoped on the project and fiddled with what he was given.

Edited by MADash Rendar

I don't even know how much power Abrams has. I remember he shot some of ST2 in IMAX and then the studio forced him to convert it to 3D. I'm sure he is more respected than a guy like Marc Webb, but I doubt he has the kind of power he would like to have.

3D is a thing. Changing his vision is another, and I fully believe Paramount gave him space to do Into Darkness, especially after the first movie was a hit.

• Like 1

I don't even know how much power Abrams has. I remember he shot some of ST2 in IMAX and then the studio forced him to convert it to 3D. I'm sure he is more respected than a guy like Marc Webb, but I doubt he has the kind of power he would like to have.

He's successfully jump-started two franchises, you bet he's got more control than Webb (or pick whoever of your choice). The only person who apparently has enough clout to deny 3D is Nolan.

• Like 1

The SW7 doesn't even make much sense. I can't believe they didn't gave JJ Abrams what he wanted to make his vision a reality. 

Other way around. JJ Abrams made the producers' vision a reality. He tried to squeeze as much of himself into there as he could, and "himself" = nostalgic fanservice so I'm sure the producers were fine with that  :lol:

But these guys on major franchises all work within the confines of the studio's demands

• Like 2

That's not cool for Mark Protosevich, John Sayles, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa that actually wrote the script's drafts that Trevorrow made his own. Raptor training was already in John Sayles script as was the genetically modified Rex. Trevorrow is totally not at the origin of it all. He was a hired gun that hoped on the project and fiddled with what he was given.

Comparing those drafts would be very interesting.

• Like 1

He's successfully jump-started two franchises, you bet he's got more control than Webb (or pick whoever of your choice). The only person who apparently has enough clout to deny 3D is Nolan.

kenneth-branagh.jpg

Cinderella  :ph34r:​ 

• Like 2

3D is a thing. Changing his vision is another, and I fully believe Paramount gave him space to do Into Darkness, especially after the first movie was a hit.

In my opinion, forcing someone who shot in 2D 70mm IMAX to convert that footage to 3D is changing the director's vision. I saw it in 3D IMAX too, so I know how it turned out. I also saw TDK, TDKR, and MI4 in 2D IMAX. All three of those had a more noticeable directorial stamp on them with the IMAX visuals.

• Like 1

And Brad Bird. Although Disney is probably regretting that big time right now.

• Like 1