Quigley

GREECE: 'Kung Fu Panda 4' reigns for fifth weekend; local film 'Don't Open the Door' set for HUGE opening

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Off topic but what are you expecting for Joker 2 and Gladiator 2 since both the originals were massive here (~900k admits). Similar admits to Avatar 2?

I think for Joker 2 it's a given that it will at least make Avatar 2 admissions. The first movie was a phenomenon, and not that long ago. For Gladiator who nows. The huge gap and no Russell Crowe might as well turn it into another big budget movie that does just fine here. But in any case for both it would be really hard to come anywhere close to 900.000. You need a lot more than good reception and nostalgia for that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Flip said:

Off topic but what are you expecting for Joker 2 and Gladiator 2 since both the originals were massive here (~900k admits). Similar admits to Avatar 2?

I'm notoriously bad at making predictions, especially months ahead of a movie's release, but I would tend to agree with @Joel M that Joker 2 is a safer bet (at least on par with Avatar 2), whereas Gladiator 2 is a total wildcard.

• Like 2