Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Have other people see it first. There critics in Chicago and other big cities. Why can not the academy sometimes wait to see a film like majority of Americans.

If the Academy waits to see a film like the Majority of Americans things like Les Mis could possibly miss the cut. And also, let's be honest here, Academy members see these films up to a month and sometimes more earlier than anyone else, I doubt they care which city gets it first. And, honestly I doubt anyone cares except maybe Ebert who'll bitch about it.

If the Academy waits to see a film like the Majority of Americans things like Les Mis could possibly miss the cut. And also, let's be honest here, Academy members see these films up to a month and sometimes more earlier than anyone else, I doubt they care which city gets it first. And, honestly I doubt anyone cares except maybe Ebert who'll bitch about it.

The academy rules state it has to play in LA and NYC to eligible.Sometimes it good to wait Travod. Why does NYC need to see movies before everybody else.

You mean LA/NYC. People who not live in NYC or LA do not get media attention. How often is Buffalo or San Diego on the news or get special screenings.

Acttually this is more of my gripe with just things in general not films. (Its most annoying with weather actually-they will go "here is the midwest", now here is Texas. Up next is Nevada! Wait-you just skiped a few states!)

Acttually this is more of my gripe with just things in general not films. (Its most annoying with weather actually-they will go "here is the midwest", now here is Texas. Up next is Nevada! Wait-you just skiped a few states!)

That is because more views are from NYC and LA so they want to rush over small states to make them happy so they can hear about there weather. Which I think is a joke. If going to do national weather try to do it evenly imo.

Houston, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, and any other large city would be able to sell out a movie with small release of just 1 theater in the city getting the movie.

Yeah except films exclusively released in NY/LA can get 100K+ averages from 5 theaters, that's not achievable elsewhere.
  • Like 1

That is because more views are from NYC and LA so they want to rush over small states to make them happy so they can hear about there weather. Which I think is a joke. If going to do national weather try to do it evenly imo.

Move to one of them and you'll get all the weather coverage you desire! If you come to NY now, you can hear about the Frankenstorm 24/7. ;)

Yeah except films exclusively released in NY/LA can get 100K+ averages from 5 theaters, that's not achievable elsewhere.

How many movies have opened in other cities first? I think if a movie opened in Chicago/Houston/Boston/Toronto San Fransisco it still have a huge theater average.