Grade It:  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Concussion examines a horrific and largely overlooked subject in an entertaining, if rather conventional, manner. The NFL has every right not to be happy about this film's existence. What keeps the movie's head above water is a marvelous turn from Will Smith, tackling one of the most challenging roles of his career to date with total commitment. While this is his movie all the way, there are also strong turns from Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Albert Brooks. Not quite football's answer to The Insider or Erin Brockovich, but this is a surprisingly crowd-pleasing effort that should find plenty of good word-of-mouth. B

Tell de troot!

Ok I will.

I give it a B. That's a trootful opinion. 

Decent flick. If you've seenThe Force Awakens and are looking for an alternative, consider Concussion.  Will Smith gives a good performance as Dr. Omalu, the doctor who brought the issue of CTE to light. There is nothing earth shattering bad or great about Concussion. It plays out how you would expect  (one man's crusade vs an army of corporate suits). 

• Like 1

Yeah, it was OK. I'd say it's worthy if only to know about CTE and for Will Smith's performance but otherwise it's kind of paint-by-numbers. It also seemed kind of soft on the NFL, it's not like The Insider and tobacco industry. IDK, should've been a whole lot better.

***/*****, (B-, 6.3/10, 2.5/4)