CJohn

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)

Grade It:  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Action's pretty good and I do like the CGI for the turtles, but the practically everything else was really forgettable or didn't make you want to care & "been there done that" (not expected actually)

I actually liked the first one better.

1.5/4

• Like 1

It's fun and all, but it didn't really feel special. I really liked how they did their organ in the first movie, it had heart. This one I didn't care for any of the characters. Plus the end battle was a huge letdown.

Overall still fun to see, but I prefer the first by a ton. 

2 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

For a short movie it felt long. Lot of terrible dumb jokes and I could care less about the characters. The turtles were alright. So what happened to Shredder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhm got put in Krang's "trophy" collection for presumed future sequels right? 

Eh, I guess it was better than the first and I did appreciate some of the fan service with Krang and his robotic suit, the garbage truck that launches manholes, etc but it's only 105 minutes (sans credits) yet felt like it was well over two hours. It also has the same issues with Transformers and the like, seeing a bunch of CGI characters fighting other CGI characters; there's no weight to any of it. I also had to laugh at the gratuitous sexy schoolgirl outfit change for Megan Fox whose April O'Neil is just a footnote though Splinter even more so. Oh, and Splinter was such a useless and toothless villain.

So yeah, technically better than the first but not by much.

**/*****, (D+, 3.8/10, 1.5/4)

Oh god...I didn't think it was possible but this movie made The Transformers sequels look good. Yeah, even Dark Of The Moon. 

This was like a made for Nickelodeon TV movie with a really expensive budget. It was so goofy and childish.

I mean, it was cool seeing Commander Krang, Beebop and Rocksteady on the big screen for the first time but the CGI was awful during that final fight. It seriously looked like a video game cutaway scene when everything was in motion aboard that ship. I dunno, maybe these characters aren't ready for live action yet or they needed a higher budget to really showcase them because all of them will be outdated within a year.

I guess I sort of liked some of the plane set piece and Alessandra Ambrossios very small cameo. 

Oh and note to Stephen Amell (Casey Jones), you do a great impression of Chris O Donnell from Batman Forever but that kind of camp needs to stay in the 90s.

D-

It wasn't high art, or all that creative, and I didn't see the first one, but this was.....the best time I had at the movies this year.

I liked the look of the turtles, I like their banter. Again, the conflict dialogue was corny, I could predict it bit for bit, but the conflict itself was kind of cool. I didn't get any reference because I've never seen anything with the titular turtles before, but it didn't bring me down. 

It's definitely something I'd put on when I'm bored and don't feel like thinking. C.