Ezen Baklattan

Rock Dog | 2/24/17 | Animated Film from Summit - Starring Luke Wilson, Eddie Izzard, JK Simmons, Lewis Black

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/rock-dog-director-ash-brannon-navigate-chinese-funded-production-148989.html

Interview with director Ash Brannon.

Lots of creative freedom in this production, but the animation was directed via video conference.

Apparently, the main character wears a hat due to budget restraints.

I knew that I saw something really good in the character design. Matthew Bates and Peter de Sève are both highly experienced artists in the animation industry.

36 minutes ago, cannastop said:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/rock-dog-director-ash-brannon-navigate-chinese-funded-production-148989.html

Interview with director Ash Brannon.

Lots of creative freedom in this production, but the animation was directed via video conference.

Apparently, the main character wears a hat due to budget restraints.

I knew that I saw something really good in the character design. Matthew Bates and Peter de Sève are both highly experienced artists in the animation industry.

You seem to have a good knowledge about the 'world' of animations.

Answer me a question: Once the script is ready, hired the director, when does it take time to produce an animated film?

For example: An animated film that will be released in early 2019, which is still in pre-production, hiring the team, but already has director and script, do you believe that in 1 year and 10 months it is possible to produce an animated film?

29 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

You seem to have a good knowledge about the 'world' of animations.

Answer me a question: Once the script is ready, hired the director, when does it take time to produce an animated film?

For example: An animated film that will be released in early 2019, which is still in pre-production, hiring the team, but already has director and script, do you believe that in 1 year and 10 months it is possible to produce an animated film?

Depends on how long they spend writing the script. The animation itself can take as little as 6 months, as I remember from an interview with the directors of Moana.