CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

13 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Ok, so let me get this straight, by tomorrow, Suicide Squad (175m budget) will have easily surpassed X-Men: Apocalypse (178m budget), but in the eye of the shareholder, that's a disaster? This movie will rocket its studios market share into second place, and this will be worrisome?

Exactly, people are blinded by their feelings on the DCEU, but if you just look at the numbers, they tell a different story. The shareholder will be happy for this investment and it will turn a profit.

I have been read page after page of people claiming that it needs to get a colossal return in order to just break even. Investors don't put up that kind of cash on a property, previously known for subpar episodes on the Arrow tv series, if the need to do better than most MCU films - just to break even.

This is how it goes:

If you hate DCEU and SS:

•  "Suicide Squad cost a billion dollars and the studio only gets 2 % of the worldwide gross."

If you love the DCEU and the movie:

• "Suicide Squad cost 90 million and the studio gets 75 % of the worldwide gross."

:P

Edited by Cochofles

7 hours ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Scott Mendelson is the Cinemascore of online box-office discussion.

edit: it's even worse, his argument is basically "I hated it and it was awful and therefore it is worse for DC than BVS, which I also hated (though not as much)."

He is a joke.

2 hours ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Ok, so let me get this straight, by tomorrow, Suicide Squad (175m budget) will have easily surpassed X-Men: Apocalypse (178m budget), but in the eye of the shareholder, that's a disaster? This movie will rocket its studios market share into second place, and this will be worrisome? Suicide Squad's legs will possibly make more money than any non-Disney/SLOP blockbuster total gross this summer, which includes ID:R, STB, Ghostbusters, and Jason Bourne, and this shows it to be a disaster? The influence of RT has reached the level of affecting box-office perception it seems. 

These poor DCEU legs are supposed to equate to nobody showing up for these movies eventually, yet, their legs average to over 160m per movie. Marvel's best movie, imo, The Winter Solider, only had that much on legs, and Suicide Squad should easily make more money than that movie. Heck, Ant-Man's full run was 180m. 

Anyway, I guess we can continue the narrative that this is a failure until the next movie breaks 100m OW and has about 160m legs, at which point we'll make the same conclusions that it has failed and the next movie will show that...

There's a huge anti-DCEU bias in this forum, although everyone will deny it when asked point blank.

I don't know whether it's because it's trendy to "kick someone while they are down" or because most people here are closeted Marvel loonies, but the glee with which people here receive the news of a DCEU film getting bad reviews is quite evident .

• Like 2