kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (02/04) 10.3 M CHRONICLE | 9.8 M TWIB

Hollywood needs these sort of weekends. Last month was a good jobs month in the United States but movie and sound recording industry lost 8000 jobs. I am pretty sure the recent boxoffice slump played a part in this so these numbers are good news for the industry as a whole.

Well said.

Yeah, the big question remains, whether the big guns can open to comparatively bigger numbers than the smaller flicks. So far each friggin weekend this year has been impressive and this one is probably the best. Chronicle totally broke out, just as I predicted. Now hopefully this trend extends to at least one more week, coz I want Safe House to hit it big.

Yeah, the big question remains, whether the big guns can open to comparatively bigger numbers than the smaller flicks. So far each friggin weekend this year has been impressive and this one is probably the best. Chronicle totally broke out, just as I predicted. Now hopefully this trend extends to at least one more week, coz I want Safe House to hit it big.

Yep. That's the question on everyone's mind right now. I think The Hunger Games opening weekend will be one to watch.

Well, hopefully there is no way for it not to be big but with Reynolds involved I remain cautious.

Yep. That's the question on everyone's mind right now. I think The Hunger Games opening weekend will be one to watch.

I wouldn't say so. HG is going to be largely fanboy/girl driven and such flicks seem to perform on their own terms. I think Lorax/JC/Wrath will be better indicators as they are aimed more at the general audience.

Edited by Bitcher

JC can't open below Chronicle, that would be beyond horrible not just for everyone involved with the film but the industry as a whole. I honestly can't imagine it

Agree. A scenario we dont want to see. But if chronicle Can open to 22 and TDI to 32Anything under 40 mill OW will be horrible compared.