14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Now for my real review where I don't freak out over everything:

I enjoyed it! I still think the plot would have benefited from being a bit more divergent from typical plot/character beats, but the movie totally enjoys flying by its own wacky logic and fast paced humor - the world feels natural, and the humor works a lot (the gentrification line had me in stitches). Bonus points to actually casting voice actors and relatively obscure actors as opposed to simply celebrities; Katie Crown and Stephen Glickman kill it as Tulip and Toady respectively, and each brings a fun energy to their roles. The wolves are also a highlight.

Overthinking is futile here, just strap in for the ride and enjoy it!

B

(I also enjoyed the homage to Silence of the Lambs' misdirection)

• Like 3

Just realized this bears a few big similarities to ICE AGE 1.

• A band of mismatched characters must deliver a baby to its human family.
  • One character (Sid and Tulip) is a notable social outcast
  • Another (Diego and Junior) were previously working with the film's antagonist
  • The team runs into trouble with carnivorous animals (wild cats and wolves, respectively)
  • The first original CGI movie from a major film studio
  • Like 2

I knew the studio behind the Lego Movie wouldn't disappoint. Just watched Storks, and like The Lego Movie, it's HILARIOUS! I haven't laughed out loud so much watching a movie since forever.

Warner Animation Group really are making excellent comedies, not like the shitty ones Dreamworks and other American animation studios are making these days. I am even more excited for Lego Batman now, which already looks hilarious. Oh I'm so happy we have a new (sort of) animation studio that's making decent movies.

B+