Tron Legacy (2010)

26 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Tron Legacy (2010)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

There was a series on one of the Disney channels, Tron Uprising that was far more interesting

That was one of the problems with the movie. It was clear there was a chunk of the story (such as it was) that had been skipped over so it could be developed for TV... except it seemed like it would've been more interesting than anything the movie gave us. (I never saw the TV show).

It is incredible how boring this is.

Kosinski has an eye for visuals, the shot composition is spectacular for a guy doing his first full feature, but that means basically nothing when your script sucks ass and the protagonist gives an awful performance (is it that hard to find a pretty face who can also act?! geez)

Wilde was surprisingly good and the music was fantastic. 45/100

It's a 65% (C) from me.

- The story was kinda weak, had some good moments but overall was meh.

- The score was great for the world it was made for. Daft Punk did an excellent job. (Although, they should've worked with Junkie XL or something bc he knows how to make an emotional score on top of whatever crazy genre they need the score to have for its world, i.e. Divergent/Mad Max: Fury Road.)

- Visual effects were amazing. 

- Great imagination put into the whole thing.

- It had potential. The movie didn't reach that potential, but it did an alright job.

+5 for Shirtless Garrett hsbdjhfbhjbshf 

- The acting was fine. Characters were okay. Whatever. 

- Miss Quorra had potential to be iconic but the director had to have ha ass flake out half-way through the film. 

- I didn't expect to see Michael Sheen in this. He was good in his role. 

- The only excellent scene for me was the ending. Imagine living your entire life in a digital world (all black, neon lights, etc), and then finally seeing Earth for the first time. (Sun, forests, nature in general.) Chills.

Dunno why I was so late watching this movie. Anyway, hopefully Disney reboots it. It definitely has potential that wasn't tapped into in this film. 

65% (C)

• Like 1