Ezen Baklattan

Passengers (2016)

Passengers (2016)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give Passengers (2016)?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Well, I can tell why people didn't like this one. This was marketed completely wrong and the film itself starts off interesting then delves into a focus study adbomination. This had the makings of a psychological thriller and I would guess the original script was far more geared toward that. This could have been more 'Moon' or 'Ex-Machina' rather than trying to turn it into some sort of bland generic sci-fi movie. The appearance of and everything after Laurence Fishburne was generic.

It would have been better just making the movie about Pratt dealing with his guilt and perhaps his paranoia of the android bartender blowing his secret but that being perceived as jealously from Lawrence as she slowly puts together how she was awaken before deciding if confronting him is worth destroying the happiness they found. That's the movie I wanted.

Pratt and Lawrence are definitely out of place in this. The idea is generic to mediocre, and the movie itself is dull. The best parts to be honest were when Chris Pratt does all the shit by himself and explores the ship, and Jennifer Lawrence jogging (sorry but I really wanted to see her get naked or see her bare ass) but I don't know if that would've saved the movie.

grade: D