baumer

The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This is a very good movie. Great acting and a chilling concept that like Jaws with the rogue shark, this movie introduced to the idea of a rogue wave to most people for the first time.

Gene Hackman is great as always in this which is always a plus. But the whole cast is a who's who of actors/actresses.

Don't mistake this one for the terrible remake.

A-/B+

You can appreciate this classic epic more when you see some of the films it inspired. Great acting, suburb special affects -for you younger folk, there's no cgi here- and great story line. TPA is a throw back to an era before SPFX and that, imo makes this film that much more exhilarating. . I hope the people of this generation give films like this a chance. Very well done.

9/10

God I love this movie. A film about survival and leadership and just people who are trying to make it through a terrible disaster. I love the characters and the acting. I felt for all of these characters. Gene Hackman was excellent as the self sacrificing leader and Ernest Borgnine served as a formidable foe who in the end became a better person. Just a wonderful that I can still watch whenever it comes on. More heart than the average disaster film. A+