Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

3 hours ago, cookie said:

Excluding cameos she’s been in two movies in the past five years and only had a lead role in one...

But keep telling yourself that. You’ll taste crow soon enough. :apocalypse:

Seemed like she was getting used more than that.

It's not a no, but I was just settling in with the cast and then there's sudden announcements.

Don't get me started on 7 different people casting Winston Duke within 72 hours of Us coming out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Seemed like she was getting used more than that.

It's not a no, but I was just settling in with the cast and then there's sudden announcements.

Don't get me started on 7 different people casting Winston Duke within 72 hours of Us coming out.

If it makes you feel better, Naomi is very minor role. In fact to be honest I may have some second thoughts.

Also I have been wanting Duke for a movie since Black Panther

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If it makes you feel better, Naomi is very minor role. In fact to be honest I may have some second thoughts.

Oh your prior post said major so I assumed one of the leads. So cookie you may be in luck.

As for Duke, I'm sure. It was just funny how he started showing up a lot more frequently after us came out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Oh your prior post said major so I assumed one of the leads. So cookie you may be in luck.

As for Duke, I'm sure. It was just funny how he started showing up a lot more frequently after us came out.

To be honest it was at first, but after some thinking she didn't feel right for the role or the use of the role. 

• Like 1

Speaking off slightly overused actors

@cayommagazine

Dacre Montgomery (The Odyssey franchise, Splatoon, Fire Emblem) is reported to play the main antagonist of The Adventures Of Tintin: Prisoners of The Sun dubbed The Scarlet Terror. The Scarlet Terror is an original character and is one of the most notorious criminals in the world as well as a pirate despite being only 19 years old has kidnapped the acclaimed and eccentric Professor Calculus (Matt Damon) after he has become close to finding a cure for a disease afflicted by travelers in Peru.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

T H E  

S C A V E N G E R  

W A R S 

P A R T  I I

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

by James Newton Howard

(The following list contains spoilers)

Spoiler
  1. "Still Breeze" feat. Dua Lipa (#1)
  2. "Still Breeze" feat. Dua Lipa & Andrea Bocelli
  3. Khouga Suite (#2)
  4. New Khouga Suite (#3)
  5. Lucina (#4)
  6. Tamara (#5)
  7. Luna (#6)
  8. Sunn
  9. Sal (#7)
  10. Ares
  11. The Ancestral Realm
  12. Why Did You Have To Go? (#8)
  13. Sunset (#9)
  14. Dead Tree (#10)
  15. Abduction (#11)
  16. Rock Matters
  17. What Are You Afraid Of?
  18. Library
  19. Background Check
  20. Come Near Her Again...
  21. Rescue
  22. Ceremony (#12)
  23. Chaos
  24. Fire and Flames
  25. You Should Be Afraid of Me (#13)
  26. I'm Sorry
  27. Culpable
  28. The Scavenger Wars Part II

Inspirations below

Spoiler

Full credit to Rorschach for bringing this song to my attention.

As described in the film itself:

...a slow and sorrowful melody about a desire for love and how your own actions can sometimes only pull you away from fulfilling it.

"Still Breeze" plays during the film's first set of end credits (pre-mid credit scene) with only Dua Lipa singing. A version including Andrea Bocelli is not featured in the actual film, but appears on the soundtrack.

Spoiler

The original Khouga suite from the first film (based on 1:07 onward) - does not appear in TSW2 itself outside of the score alluding to it at certain points, but is included in the soundtrack for completion purposes.

Spoiler

The suite for the new Khouga, heavily based on my favorite track from Princess Mononoke. I wanted to evoke a more romantic feeling when Khouga is first seen again in Part II, in part because of the way the landscape had changed since the previous film.

0:40 to 1:10 I used while writing this bit:

She turns to stare out the window only to be blinded by a glare of sunlight coming from outside, which blinds Lucina too. As both adjust to the light, their eyes widen when they see what’s on the other side. 

“Is that…?”, Lucina turns to Arthur with a look of astonishment on her face. “Yes”, Arthur replies with a smile as he gets back on his feet.

“Welcome to Khouga.”

1:10 to 2:47 is basically the whole flyover sequence, as I needed something that could really convey the scale and awe of landscape as it unfolded when Lucina and Sal lay eyes on it for the first time.

I used 2:48 to 3:26 when they meet up with Tamara a little later. 2:58-3:12 in particular was used for this:

She encourages Lucina to take off her boots and feel the grass with her bare feet. Lucina complies and digs into the soil beneath her toes, before lifting up her foot to gawk at the mud and dirt on her sole. Tears of joy roll down her face and she starts tapping her bare feet on the ground in a dancing motion. 

I wanted to use "Legend of Ashitaka" as TSW2's unofficial theme since the very beginning and I think I used it to good effect in my estimation.

Spoiler

It's mostly the first two minutes I used as inspiration for Lucina's suite. I didn't get to use it that often while writing the film, but it did come in handy at some spots. I wanted something that was still welcoming even if it hinted a little bit of the darker nature of the character within.

2:10 and onward would be for the moment near the end of the film where

Spoiler

Lucina realizes Tamara's not coming and she realizes her supposed moment of heroism turned into a crushing defeat

as it felt pretty tragic and right for the character.

Spoiler

This was Tamara's unofficial suite in the first film. The second movie only alludes to this at certain points, but I figured I should include it. The Last Airbender is insanely terrible in almost every respect, but one element it did not fall flat on was the soundtrack, and I think the romantic and epic scope of this track fit really well with select scenes I wrote for the first film (the valley of flowers being the prime example).

Spoiler

I just wanted something very romantic and sweet as Luna's suite, and I came across this while listening to "Legend of Ashitaka" earlier. Guess I should give Joe Hisaishi an unofficial credit at this point.

Spoiler

Sal was always going to give off a vibe of dubiousness and uncertainty, like you would never really be certain what her game is in all of this. This was actually one of the first tracks I started using while writing the film, and it came handy at several spots (when Lucina finds Sal at the shooting range spying on Tamara was a prime example).

2:05 to 2:15 is basically Sal's unofficial leitmotif. I actually think her scenes are more effective with this in the background.

Spoiler

I used this track in the first movie during Barks' sacrifice scene, and I brought it back during when his ghost and Lucina had their little chitchat in the Ancestral Realm. I actually think it works well for conveying Lucina's grief and sadness despite Barks' attempts to lift her spirits.

Spoiler

I wanted to use something that played a very low and ominous chant and this is sort of what my mind arrived at almost instantly. I used it during the "sunset" montage about a third of the way through the story.

Spoiler

I've been wanting to use the score for Falling Down for something for quite a while now, and the scene where Lucina and Sal come across the dying Dominian I thought was a good fit for it. Full disclosure: I used it while writing some bits in Voltron 3 last year, but those scenes won't be included once Galrazaal's posted.

Spoiler

I dunno, I just think this track worked with the very abrupt kidnapping sequence and how it catches the viewer off guard leading to a short burst of action about 35% of the way through the film.

Spoiler

Given that this is when the "Dance of Light" sequence is kicking into high gear and the tension is rapidly building, I wanted to use a score that reflected that. I love scores that always keep building and so I thought this track fit right in.

Spoiler

This was for when

Spoiler

Sunn defeats Ares.

I used a combination of two tracks as inspiration: 3:44 to 4:31 of "Final Contest" when Ares first charges at Sunn (the child-like chanting I guess could work for whenever Sunn uses her powers) and 1:30 and onward of "I'm All Fired Up" when Sunn unleashes her powers and creates this aura that protects Pinwheel from harm. I just wanted something very heroic for this scene given this is the last point in the film where the good guys ever have the upper hand, as it is all downhill from here.

Edited by cookie
    • Like 5

PILLARS OF ETERNITY: NEVER FAR FROM THE QUEEN – DELUXE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

Music by Patrick Doyle

The overall musical score for the film is sweeping orchestral themes, similar to the first film of the franchise. Many of the cues that first appeared in the first film recur here, such as themes for the various heroes. The core background/ambient music is string based, a lot of cellos and violas to give a darker, ominous edge to things. The film score also includes the following new themes/motifs (among others):

Spoiler

The Memory: A very mystical and ethereal tune that has eclectic and exotic instruments bringing a feel of otherworldliness to go with the remembrance into the past. In the background there is a low, rhythmic male chanting that adds to the mysterious and ominous air.

Nysera’s Theme: A very soft and ambient theme that is based around a rhythmic tolling of a bell, and the shimmering of chimes that slowly gives way to a mournful duet of a piano and violin echoing one another’s grief and melancholy with brief emotional flourishes. The bell tolling opens and closes the cue.

Sagani’s Theme: A theme that has echoes and shades of Inuit and Native American influences to the music, with light percussion and woodwinds as the primary basis. It is rustic and methodical, and conveys a sense of searching and purpose.

The Dozens: A very militaristic and martial tune that has lots of proud strings, horns, and drums that give a very patriotic vibe of confidence and courage, but the tune has in the background more ominous music cues that indicate a level of corruption and sickness to the organization, that fits with their xenophobia and other nasty aspects.

Iselmyr’s Theme: A short and playful theme that is in many ways takes Aloth’s more patient and mystical theme and turns it on its head and turns it up to 11. Heavy on bagpipes and Irish instruments and a lute.

Ydwin’s Theme: A short cue that is very mechanical and functional in tone, with curt string notes and trills of woodwinds to give a sense of someone who is very busy and doesn’t have time for your nonsense. In some appearances it has a more atmospheric variation for when she is putting two and two together.

Pallegina’s Theme: A Mediterranean inspired cue that has the strumming of an acoustic guitar as the main background instrument, with the flares of strings and trumpets to give the tone of a determined warrior forging her own path, but uncertain as to its destination.

Thaos' Theme: The brief snippet of a theme from the first film is heavily expanded on, with a male choir vocalizing in deep chanting as heavy beats of a drum form the pacing of the cue. There is an escalating series of string notes that is matched by the chanting that eventually builds to a dark crescendo.

Track Listing:

Spoiler

1. The Birthing Bell – 5:19

2. The Memory, Part I – 3:22

3. Dozens – 2:41

4. City of Defiance – 3:05

5. Hunter and Fox – 3:21

6. A Family Business – 2:37

7. Temple of Woedica – 5:15

8. Iselmyr – 2:24

9. The Belly of Animancy – 6:19

10. The Spider’s Webb – 3:11

11. Persoq – 2:08

12. Child of the Five Suns – 2:56

13. Dyrford – 4:19

14. The Grieving One – 3:16

15. Ambush in the Square – 4:49

16. Two Veterans – 3:36

17. A Glanfathan Guide – 3:10

18. The Ruins of Cliaban Rilag – 9:52

19. The Manor Maneuver – 4:26

20. Aloth’s Confession – 4:03

21. The Hearing – 3:47

22. The Battle for Defiance Bay – 13:31

23. The Spider’s Last Thread – 3:06

24. The Memory, Part II – 2:19

25. Farewells and a New Path – 7:20

26. Thaos – 2:15

• Like 2

Just now, Blankments said:

Reveal hidden contents

I realized that after I posted. I thought at first it was an error about an original planned release date

• Like 1

@cookie

I'm not inspired by particular tracks when it comes to writing particular scenes, or bits, though it occasionally happens (like for one bit that will come in Mass Effect 2).

But I have a vague idea of a scene/setpiece moment in some future film and it's kinda gotten some germination from the tone and style of the following tracks:

Spoiler

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blankments said:
    Untitled Space Musical (trailer #1) BwEE8Zm.png

April 10, 2019

(November 15, Y5)

1:23 Blankments Productions

How do you get formatting like that?

Also is the Space Musical still animated?

• Like 1

I copy-and-pasted it from cookie's Scavvies one way-back around Oscar time lol

(and as for your second question... yes haha. I said earlier Adrian Molina was still directing which would not be the case if it was live-action.)

any more details will have to wait until tomorrow

Edited by Blankments

Just now, Blankments said:

I copy-and-pasted it from cookie's Scavvies one way-back around Oscar time lol

(and as for your second question... yes haha. I said earlier Adrian Molina was still directing which would not be the case if it was live-action.)

Either way I look forward to the trailer tomorrow

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How do you get formatting like that?

Also is the Space Musical still animated?

It’s from the Alberta Film Classification site. Each rating is apparently a JPEG image so with some resizing you can very easily copy-paste their format.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

@cayommagazine

An Andrew Stanton Film

Green Lantern Corps

H O M E

Holiday Y7

A Jennifer Yuh Nelson Film

Green Lantern Corps

P R I M A L  F E A R

Q1 Y9

• Like 3