Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Is there not still a risk of some smelly-ass person sitting next to you even if seating isn't reserved?

I dunno, reserved seating has been a thing here since forever ago and it's never bothered me.

Idk, maybe it's because I'm 'Merican af because I feel like my freedoms are restricted. I'd rather scope and see what's best for me/us/whoever than be restricted to whatever I tapped on the computer. Just hard to look at a computer screen and say "yep that'll do."

The only place I absolutely prefer to pick my exact seat is on an airplane, because I like sitting near the wing and I HAVE to have a window seat. Ironically we'll be flying on Southwest next week and their policy is just pick a seat when you get on the plane. I hate that because if get put in the C group, like last time, I know Mike or Debbie's stubborn ass isn't going to let me have that window - that they're not even gonna look out of.

• Like 2

Just now, Jandrew said:

Idk, maybe it's because I'm 'Merican af because I feel like my freedoms are restricted. I'd rather scope and see what's best for me/us/whoever than be restricted to whatever I tapped on the computer. Just hard to look at a computer screen and say "yep that'll do."

The only place I absolutely prefer to pick my exact seat is on an airplane, because I like sitting near the wing and I HAVE to have a window seat. Ironically we'll be flying on Southwest next week and their policy is just pick a seat when you get on the plane. I hate that because if get put in the C group, like last time, I know Mike or Debbie's stubborn ass isn't going to let me have that window - that they're not even gonna look out of.

If you're vigilant, you can book the seats surrounding you without checking out. You have to do it every six minutes before the transaction times out though.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If you're vigilant, you can book the seats surrounding you without checking out. You have to do it every six minutes before the transaction times out though.

Southwest? Didn't think you could pick at all. I believe they're the only airline that has that policy. I think the problem last time was I waited too long to finally do the 24-hour confirmation, so this time I'ma make sure to open that email exactly when we have 24 hours left. B group I can still find a window, but C group is the window seat kiss of death.

Edited by Jandrew

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Southwest? Didn't think you could pick at all. I believe they're the only airline that has that policy. I think the problem last time was I waited too long to finally do the 24-hour confirmation, so this time I'ma make sure to open that email exactly when we have 24 hours left. B group I can still find a window, but C group is the window seat kiss of death.

I'm talking about theaters :hahaha: Maybe it works for airlines too!

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

I’d sit right next to you and eat a large vegan chili dog. 

At least you wouldn't talk.

Southwest? Didn't think you could pick at all. I believe they're the only airline that has that policy. I think the problem last time was we waited too long to finally do the 24-hour confirmation, so this time I'ma make sure to open that email exactly when we have 24 hours left. B group I can still find a window, but C group is the window seat kiss of death.

You can pay the $15 upgrade and get auto-checked in as well (guaranteed A group, though in my experience it’s usually one of the 30+ numbers). 

• Like 1

Han goes to an empty theater and a guy with a chili dog sits right next to him. He takes a bite and turns to Han

"Sup bro, I'm Eric."

Dude wipes the chili off his mouth, sniffs, and tries to shake Han's hand.

"Does the armrest have to be down?"

• Haha 2

Han goes to an empty theater and a guy with a chili dog sits right next to him. He takes a bite and turns to Han

"Sup bro, I'm Eric."

Dude wipes the chili off his mouth, sniffs, and tries to shake Han's hand.

"Does the armrest have to be down?"

"Nice to meet you! Excuse me while I go to the restroom"

*I either move seats or leave with a refund*