Xillix

Xillix' (Harshly) Critical Reviews, Y2

7 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Pokémon: The Journey Begins

"The video game classic is a total wash in cinematic form. Rushed and crammed into a 114 minute runtime while trying to be too faithful to the game, and taking on an entirely-too-large chunk of its story, it's an exhausting sit likely to frustrate all but the most devout franchise followers. Worse, the live action treatment makes the disturbing dog-fighting and animal abuse parallels all the more apparent."

BOT_Tag_-_1_star.png

:gold:

Number's not gonna like that

hit1.gif

Crash Bandicoot

"A perfectly fine, totally unremarkable animated adventure that's a good enough time-killer for kids and parents alike. The budget means the CG animation isn't up to par with its contemporaries, but the cartoony video game style helps to soften the blow."

BOT_Tag_-_3_stars.png

Flower Eyes and Needle Teeth

"It's essentially a flagrant ripoff of They Live, but its serious tone and abundant style make it an enjoyable, tense, disturbing watch in its own right."

BOT_Tag_-_3_half_stars.png

Chaperones

"Crude, hedonistic, underwritten, and only occasionally funny. Philips reaches once again for his Hangover glory days and winds up with something more like a Hangover sequel, but this time with children."

BOT_Tag_-_2_stars.png

The Terrible Plight of Freddy Zapper

"Sloppily-edited, but the sheer fun of it all can overcome most technical quibbles - it's an infectious, funny, endearingly offbeat blast from the past."

BOT_Tag_-_4_stars.png

@The Shape of Pasta I took a half-star off for the fact that it REALLY needed some proof-reading. There are places where it seems like entire sentences are missing.

Blank

"Vulgar, fun, and consistently engaging, Blank is the latest example of McDonagh's impeccable knack for crime comedies."

BOT_Tag_-_4_stars.png

Penny Press

"It's a sweet story, but also a very slight, uneventful one, which has no business being a feature film at all - let alone two and a quarter hours. It doesn't dig into its characters or offer any interesting plot developments - it's just boring and seemingly endless."

BOT_Tag_-_1_half_stars.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Crash Bandicoot

"A perfectly fine, totally unremarkable animated adventure that's a good enough time-killer for kids and parents alike. The budget means the CG animation isn't up to par with its contemporaries, but the cartoony video game style helps to soften the blow."

BOT_Tag_-_3_stars.png

I’ll take it.

• Like 1

Oh god now we head into October/November. We are getting into a bunch of movies that are not fillers and ones I care about/ took risks on. Nervous about what you will think of My Life to Waste, The Island, Midnight in the Afghan Valley, and Little Demons. The latter three are unique films that I can see getting very polarizing reviews. My Life to Waste was my first OC contender back in the old CAYOMs. 

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

I see at least a few of you are fast approaching December.

Just so you know everyone at Cookie Pictures have bought a ton of alcohol to prepare.

Xgqde.gif

Again at least Voltron won’t flop. There’s a very good chance Endless Entertainment takes an ice bath on Bionicle.

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Again at least Voltron won’t flop. There’s a very good chance Endless Entertainment takes an ice bath on Bionicle.

The studio can't afford to have one of their two anchor franchises falter in a year already stunted by production setbacks.

Edited by cookie

Just now, cookie said:

The studio can't afford to have one of their two anchor franchises falter in a year stunted by production setbacks.

Again Bionicle was supposed to be my studio’s MCU and it’s pretty much DOA and was our first film.

You can still rebound with 3.