Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

19 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Was anyone using Taika Waititi this year? I’d like to try a fun premise with him, something more along the lines of Hunt for the Wilderpeople than Treasure Planet.

Not this year at least. I plan on having him return for TP2 in Y4.

19 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

I really need this series to workout since it will be a major blockbuster franchise for my studio. If it doesn't deliver then I am basically shut out of the blockbuster competition. 

I mean only if you're stubborn enough to not bother trying some other franchise :P 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

@Xillix

My face when you released a werewolf film a month before my tentpole Stephen King werewolf film

giphy.gif

You released a fire-based disaster movie a month before my tentpole fire-based disaster film first :P

So as to the whole IMAX thing... now that we're pretty well into Part I, I figure it makes sense to re-open claims. What I'm thinking to avoid the flooding/overscheduling is this:

1. To claim an IMAX release slot, any movie that doesn't currently have one needs to be completed, with its full summary and cast and all that.

2. The same player cannot have a new IMAX release two weeks in a row.

3. Based on the current schedule, we institute "blackout dates" to prevent people from cutting off the really huge releases after just one week. My proposal for these blackout dates would be:

February 22 - After Pillars of Eternity

April 5 - After Lilo & Stitch

April 26 - After Cataclysmic

May 10 - After Spark: Homeward

July 12 - After Alpha Flight

July 26 - After The Scavenger Wars

October 11 - After Solitary

November 22 - After Bartimaeus

Also @cookie @4815162342 y'all still need to work out this Number One Dime / Mass Effect situation.

What do people think?

• Like 3

I’m debating on the plot for WTTJ. The original was a Madagascar/Ice Age fish out of water style romp. The other one I have in mind is a business executive is turned into a jaguar as punishment for acts against the environment. It’s still light hearted but has a strong environmental message but I worry it’s too similar to Brother Bear. 

20 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m debating on the plot for WTTJ. The original was a Madagascar/Ice Age fish out of water style romp. The other one I have in mind is a business executive is turned into a jaguar as punishment for acts against the environment. It’s still light hearted but has a strong environmental message but I worry it’s too similar to Brother Bear. 

People being turned into animals and stuff as punishment goes back way further than Brother Bear, I think you're fine.

• Like 1

@cookie

I suggest we resolve the Scrooge/Mass Effect IMAX issue like this:

Scrooge gets all IMAX its OW.

From Christmas Day through the following Thursday Scrooge gets 2/3 IMAX, Mass Effect gets 1/3. Mass Effect then gets IMAX in full starting that Friday (first January Year 4 weekend).

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@cookie

I suggest we resolve the Scrooge/Mass Effect IMAX issue like this:

Scrooge gets all IMAX its OW.

From Christmas Day through the following Thursday Scrooge gets 2/3 IMAX, Mass Effect gets 1/3. Mass Effect then gets IMAX in full starting that Friday (first January Year 4 weekend).

So 400 IMAX screens until Christmas, then 265 screens until New Year’s.

I can roll with that.

• Like 1