Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

Current priority list is:

Scavenger Wars

Scrooge 2

Countdown

Metroid

Splatoon

Rita or failing that a yet untitled animated movie that's been pushing along behind the scenes

Mirror's Edge/Rollercoasters since they're quick and easy projects

Haunted Mansion is probably going to be delayed. I have failed the Kendrickssance unfortunately.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Few things:

- 50/50 chance Alpha Flight is pushed to Y4, Witches might have a story rehaul but I don’t know yet might not make Y3, sorry @cookie @Isle of Pasta, (but Kendrick has a big role in Miraculous so...) Bullets and Lyrics and Miraculous will be my main priorities these next few weeks.

- Also tried the YA genre with Uglies, I think people may like it. Also finished Nerdy. If I finish BAL and Mira, I might put in a few filler projects, probably my planned political comedy, The Election.

- Would anyone be interested at a pre read of Howling Commandos or Lilo and Stitch?

Update:

Pushing Witches back to Y4 (or Y5 depending on how far developed Moongirl is) and replacing it with Battletoads, but the Kendrickssance is back on. Since Kendrick is the villain.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

Oh and to prevent a rush job like Rise of Lotor was last year Reunion is going full speed ahead once Part 1 closes and the goal is to have it finished and ready by the Y3 Oscars.

Lotor > Voltron 1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Lotor > Voltron 1

But I want Reunion > both RoL and Defenders especially if Scavenger Wars delivers. Plus Reunion is going to address many of the complaints RoL had.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

If I'm honest Defenders holds together more coherently but Rise of Lotor is more fun from a personal standpoint even if it was more draining to write.

I want Reunion to have the strengths of both without the shortcomings of either.

Edited by cookie

I don’t think Spark 2 will get as good reception as the first (it certainly didn’t come as easily to me), but I hope people still like it a lot.

I’ve already got some good ideas flowing for Cataclysm and Catharsis, though. There’s going to be a BIG body count for these movies.

Trying to map out how to do Gauntlet of Midas. Also have a fun idea for Crash Bandicoot 2 as it more story based so it feels less video game like but upping slapstick. Battletoads has potential, also know what to do for Skylanders which may be a mindfuck for some. 

I also have plans for another franchise but that’s another day.

Hadean will most likely be scrapped, but I thought of another fun idea based largely on an ASL driven story.

List of priorities:

Blood and Fur III

The Retreat

Extrasensory (2.0 film to take the place of Hadean - will tweak it a little bit but it will be quite similar.)

And a few more small fillers, including a new animated film.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I don’t think Spark 2 will get as good reception as the first (it certainly didn’t come as easily to me)

Cookie's Corner's Preliminary Review of 'Spark: Homeward'

What a disappointment.

I really enjoyed the first film even if its giant exposition dump in the second half prevented me from giving it an A. This promises a more streamlined version but the filmmakers have managed to break the movie as a result.

Gyllenhaal is the worst part about it. He's just creepy and awkward and a non-threat as a villain. Really I don't even understand what his plan was. Something about wanting Alex to have sex with him or he'll stop recording car accidents in Haven or some creepy shit like that. I think he even called himself Lou at one point, what the fuck was up with that?

Also, Kozar was worthless. He sits around moping and doing nothing before he dies a very unceremonious death (if you think that was a spoiler: fuck you) because sex-stricken Prince of Persia decided to invent Doomsday. Aera was dope, though. That Robert De Niro sex scene is going to haunt my nightmares, I can smell the VFX oscar already.

You're making Odyssey 2 where Wolverine wins through the power of jazz singing look good right now.

C-

Edited by cookie
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Cookie's Corner's Preliminary Review of 'Spark: Homeward'

What a disappointment.

I really enjoyed the first film even if its giant exposition dump in the second half prevented me from giving it an A. This promises a more streamlined version but the filmmakers have managed to break the movie as a result.

Gyllenhaal is the worst part about it. He's just creepy and awkward and a non-threat as a villain. Really I don't even understand what his plan was. Something about wanting Alex to have sex with him or he'll stop recording car accidents in Haven or some creepy shit like that. I think he even called himself Lou at one point, what the fuck was up with that?

Also, Kozar was worthless. He sits around moping and doing nothing before he dies a very unceremonious death (if you think that was a spoiler: fuck you) because sex-stricken Prince of Persia decided to invent Doomsday. Aera was dope, though. That Robert De Niro sex scene is going to haunt my nightmares, I can smell the VFX oscar already.

You're making Odyssey 2 where Wolverine wins through the power of jazz singing look good right now.

C-

.....not sure if serious. 

But at the same time.....it may need a lot of work.