Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

10 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

@cookie Read the intro to the film. 

Hide contents

I thought it was a really cool introduction scene to Magica. Thought it was going to dark with her killing that waitress but thankfully not. Really looking forward to the rest of the film.

The killing starts later.

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I’m guessing you read the short preview. How’d you like the action scene?

It was pretty exhilarating. The giants were a cool touch.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, cookie said:

@Rorschach Reading Odyssey 2 now.

Short version: I dig it. Includes much of what I liked about the first film and sets up a few interesting threads (Odysseus' relationship with his father and the disembodied voices sound intriguing and I wanna see where they go.)

I do have one question though:

Are the giants only 15 feet tall or is that a typo? Weird that one of them devours a six foot man just like that if that were the case. It's like if I devoured a small dog in one fell swoop.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cookie said:

Short version: I dig it. Includes much of what I liked about the first film and sets up a few interesting threads (Odysseus' relationship with his father and the disembodied voices sound intriguing and I wanna see where they go.)

I do have one question though:

Hide contents

Are the giants only 15 feet tall or is that a typo? Weird that one of them devours a six foot man just like that if that were the case. It's like if I devoured a small dog in one fell swoop.

Spoiler

Truthfully, I can't really find a source that says what the height of the Laestrygonians was. I guess that they are somewhat similar in height to a cyclops but I'm not too sure. 

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Update: Changed it to 25 feet tall. I'm just gonna go with my gut and say they are about the same size, if not bigger, than Polyphemus in the first film.

• Like 2

All I got to do is finish Bullets and Lyrics and I’m good. Time Cops can be pushed to Y4 when push comes to shove.

However if anyone’s interested, would they like a look at Howling Commandos?