Scrooge 2 - Friday

Countdown - Sunday/Monday

Scavenger Wars - Next Friday

Metroid/Splatoon/the rest - Before deadline on Sunday

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

2PARK SPOILERS:

On 4/1/2018 at 12:10 PM, cookie said:

- Gyllenhaal's entire plan and motivation as mentioned. It can be fixed if we actually get some form of understanding as to why he does what he does, but so much of it just seems random. Really the lack of any compelling motivation for any of it is the crippling factor.

His character is COMPLETELY changed. He has a reason for everything he does, and his motivation is FAR more compelling to the point where he’s even a sympathetic character.

- For a movie called "Homeward" we only spend like ten to fifteen minutes on Earth during the first act.

The last 30 minutes take place on Earth, and themes of Home and family are present throughout.

- The earlier mentioned interspecies racism stuff. Doesn't add up to anything and is never brought up again after the pizzeria scene.

It’s cut from the movie. There’s a lot already there thematically and it kind of just took up space.

- Keep the Everett stuff because that works, but again Gyllenhaal's whole reason to do so needs to be changed or elaborated on.

Again, Taron Killmonger uses the same trick but finds a different reasoning.

- Aera's parents come out of nowhere during the third act.

They may be saved for Aera Rising TBH. Will probably write just a brief cameo at the beginning and end of the movie. They’re pretty much there for comic relief and not much else.

- AlexBot like much of Gyllenhaal's plan serves no real purpose and could've been cut entirely.

Kiss AlexBot goodbye. But those gadgets at the expo still get utilized in a different way.

- Perthena ultimately doesn't do much either.

She gets more to do in this draft and *SPOILER* actually survives the ending. She’ll get an expanded role in the third movie.

- Hannah and Tarek are just kinda annoying tbh

They’re out of the movie.

- Apparently Alex's powers can be easily removed and then inserted into somebody else despite so much of the first movie building up how special Alex is. That's just contrived storytelling.

This is a thread that’s going to be revisited in the third and fourth movies, (albeit not necessarily in the way you expect) but there’s going to be a LOT more build up towards it. The second movie doesn’t even touch it.

• Like 2

This weekend and next week my main focus is Bullets and Lyrics. Howling Commandos is are done but I may add something extra if necessary.

Also should I consider a more madcap style racing (ie Mario Kart, Sugar Rush from Wreck it Ralph) to give it more of an oomph or fun flavor to Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Welp. So I’m reading The Number One Dime and it’s pretty great so far but now I have to change Howling Commandos third act due to some similarities.

Have you gone past the spoiler mark?

There's a part I'm just about to post that gets... well..

Edited by cookie

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

Have you gone past the spoiler mark?

There's a part I'm just about to post that gets... well..

Spoiler

The part where Bouncer turns into a dragon and she fucks up Nepales turning people into zombie like monsters.

As for my reason of the change, De Spell and Merlin are both villainous magical users who have turned a minor character into a dragon and citizens into monsters.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:
  Hide contents

The part where Bouncer turns into a dragon and she fucks up Nepales turning people into zombie like monsters.

As for my reason of the change, De Spell and Merlin are both villainous magical users who have turned a minor character into a dragon and citizens into monsters.

They're not exactly monstrous zombies, just braindead so they do anything Magica tells them to without objection.

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hide contents

They're not exactly monstrous zombies, just braindead so they do anything Magica tells them to without objection.

Spoiler

Still don’t want too similar of a third act. Howling Commandos would get blasted.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord