To be honest I have been thinking:

Pre-preread 

SH: $200M/$455M/$1.25B

TSW: $125M/$350M/$1.02B

After SH rough draft:

SH: $140M/$390M/$1.1B

TSW: $135M/$400M/$1.12B

Now:

I think Homeward will debut in the $145M-$170M Range but it’s legs will be hurt by the CTE, GOW, and HM2 bombardment in May. TSW has big potential and @cookie has a lot riding on it but I smell a breakout. Thinking $120M-$130M due to hype and legs is up to our reception and audiences.

I can definitely be happy with GOTG2 Numbers for it, but it’ll be hard to tell where it falls quality wise now. The film is going to be VERY different in a lot of places.

• Like 2

Cataclysmic is done. I'm shocked I managed to keep it under 6,300 words. I'm pretty happy with it and frankly it's probably my main OC this year. The characters are all fictional, and a certain incident involving an airplane is exaggerated and actually based much more closely on something that happened in Indonesia a couple years earlier, but for the most part the events are factual.

• Like 2

Super excited to read it, @Xillix.

Side note....in an initial crapshoot here are my very early predicts for Best Picture without having read anything.

24 Hours

Cataclysmic

The Chrysallids

Notes from the Otherspace

The Scavenger Wars (sorry @cookie)

I can also see Dime, Egypt, or Bullets and Lyrics make it in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Side note....in an initial crapshoot here are my very early predicts for Best Picture without having read anything.

24 Hours

Cataclysmic

The Chrysallids

The Odysy will certainly stand a chance too if it makes the step up from it's predecessor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Isle of Pasta said:

24 Hours

Cataclysmic

The Chrysallids

Maybe Solitary as well.

I'm honestly not sure how Solitary will go over the. I certainly think it's my best writing to this point but I feel like it might falter a bit under the weight of its own ambition. I'm still working on it. Hammering it out trying to make it as good as possible. But I'm excited to see what you guys think

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Honestly, I will be perfectly fine with The Counsel of the Dead not having the same amount of success as the first one. Of course, I’m still putting my all into it and would be ecstatic for another strong showing at the Oscars but I won’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t. If I get enough time to work on it, Penpal will be my main OC.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

So....my new version of Venchell in Spark 2 MIGHT be a bit too clearly inspired by Killmonger.

Lotor is basically purple Kylo Ren so Taron Killmonger I won't mind (in fact it should be dope).

• Like 3

For those Kendrick Lamar fans, he gets a decent amount of songs in BAL too. One in the movie and one in the credits. 

The soundtrack, will have new songs not in the movie and songs from the movie.

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

Out of pure curiosity, what were your guys’ thoughts on the first twentyish minutes of The Odyssey that I posted? If you read it that is.

I’ll read it later today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

Out of pure curiosity, what were your guys’ thoughts on the first twentyish minutes of The Odyssey that I posted? If you read it that is.

I thought it was pretty good. not a whole lot to say about it

• Thanks 1