Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

4 hours ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Wait @Xillix I’m sorry I forgot Cataclysmic had an IMAX block out date. I’ll only put 2park on 4/26 if you want to move Cataclysmic. 

I do not want to move Cataclysmic.

And also 5/3 still needs a release and you're the only one with anything even unfinished planned out for it sooo... :P 

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

And also 5/3 still needs a release and you're the only one with anything even unfinished planned out for it sooo... :P 

Are you good with the deadline being extended to the 22nd?

Just now, Rorschach said:

Are you good with the deadline being extended to the 22nd?

Was just catching up on reading the thread, saw Spaghetti's stuff first because of mentions.

I'm okay with it if @Hiccup23 is. He's the one who's gotta cram in actuals before he leaves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Was just catching up on reading the thread, saw Spaghetti's stuff first because of mentions.

I'm okay with it if @Hiccup23 is. He's the one who's gotta cram in actuals before he leaves.

I mean, personally I am against it because its gonna drag this game out. But I also have finished 99.9% of my projects so idk. I'll do what y'all wanna do. Actuals will need to start no shit Memorial weekend. After June 1st, my summer is gonna be a worldwind (deployment, work, hangout with friends, and vacations). 

I was hoping this would be done by the original deadline because my April and May are low key. 

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

I mean, personally I am against it because its gonna drag this game out. But I also have finished 99.9% of my projects so idk. I'll do what y'all wanna do. Actuals will need to start no shit Memorial weekend. After June 1st, my summer is gonna be a worldwind (deployment, work, hangout with friends, and vacations). 

If you need help, I can help finish the actuals in case you run out of time. My summer is pretty open so far.

I will get everything done before I leave for sure guys. The actuals if they roll in after June 1st won't be spread out like normal. I will probably push the whole year out in 3-4 days....if not less. Still will make it fun :) 

• Like 4

I'm against it in principle too but I ain't a dictator so if that's what y'all want then sure. But definitely the last extension for Y3.

I do find it funny how when I ask how long Part I should be at the beginning everyone always goes for the shortest period of like a month or so then change their minds later :P 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I'm against it in principle too but I ain't a dictator so if that's what y'all want then sure. But definitely the last extension for Y3.

I do find it funny how when I ask how long Part I should be at the beginning everyone always goes for the shortest period of like a month or so then change their minds later :P 

Yeah. We should probably make the time for writing a little longer in the upcoming game years so people actually get time to work on stuff. Then they won’t have any excuses not to get the films done ;)

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Sounds good, I can deal with that! :)

BTW I’m okay with any extension.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

@cookie Read the opening for Countdown

Hide contents

That was an inspired choice to use that desert music for the scene establishing Buenos Aires. 

As of the current draft here's the track list:

Across the Desert

The Egg Travels

Inner Sanctum/The Nesting Grounds

The Courtship

The End of our Island

Epilogue

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cookie said:

As of the current draft here's the track list:

Hide contents

Across the Desert

The Egg Travels

Inner Sanctum/The Nesting Grounds

The Courtship

The End of our Island

Epilogue

So essentially all the highlights from the original. 

2 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Yeah I’m pretty intrigued for the rest of CTE....and nervous that I’m facing it in our third weekend. :jeb!:

Then the one two punch God of War and Splatoon the weekend after and finally He Man 2.  Legs might be bad for Homeward but it’ll open big enough to negate that.

Seriously though, I might face CTE trouble as well. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Then the one two punch God of War and Splatoon the weekend after and finally He Man 2.  Legs might be bad for Homeward but it’ll open big enough to negate that.

Seriously though, I might face CTE trouble as well. 

I’m hoping for at least a 2.5x multiplier for it, which should be doable unless it’s not much better than the initial version.

I've not got down to writing the actual prose yet but I'm halfway through a detailed outline for Silent Hill: Dark Echoes, based on the original PS1 game while avoiding most of the stuff the 2006 film already touched on.

Which really pretty much just means no Midwich Elementary School sequence, and no getting mobbed by those monster children in an alley. After the school bit the first movie pretty much just went off on its own.