Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

I am out of town this weekend. I plan on starting the actual Sunday evening if that's cool.

I don't leave for my deployment until July 5th. I'll be back July 29th. Hoping Y4 will still be open :)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

So just for fun I did some projections for actuals in Y3....

....I'm pretty sure Rise of Lotor's gonna be in the top 10 even in mid-March.

You maybe right...... ;)

I might have a rough draft of January through April already completed 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Let's just say this......low competition and not a ton of films being released this year is gonna help everybody a ton. We actually have the films spaced out (genre and blockbuster wise) pretty good. Competition really should be too much of a worry. Only really December needs to worry. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Even with Stitch, Battletoads, and Cataclysmic, Spring is an absolute deadzone.

Considering all three have solid reviews wouldn’t be surprised if they broke out way more than usual. Stitch and Cataclysmic at $300M+ and Battletoads at $150M. EDF can do good, think Kong numbers are happening.

• Like 1

The only really direct competition first half of the year is God of War and He-Man II. And even then one is an R-rated gorefest and one's a PG-13 flick based on a toyline so hopefully they don't cannibalize each other too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

The only really direct competition first half of the year is God of War and He-Man II. And even then one is an R-rated gorefest and one's a PG-13 flick based on a toyline so hopefully they don't cannibalize each other too much.

I don’t see much cannibalizing from either for the same reasons.

5 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Isn't Bioshock also kinda similar audience?

Right at the halfway point Howling Commandos and Call of Duty are uncomfortably close, IMO. Especially with Call of Duty also being PG-13. Similar fanboy/geek-driven summer blockbuster audience.

• Like 1

I'm actually excited for the  actuals.

I'm gonna give three hints

A January film sees amazing legs

One February film disappoints majorly

2 March films smash predictions...like smash smash them. 

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Isn't Bioshock also kinda similar audience?

I mean maybe to God of War for the R-rated video game thing? I was comparing HMII and GoW for the fantasy epic angle. Don't see much of a parallel between HMII and BS.

Just now, Xillix said:

I mean maybe to God of War for the R-rated video game thing? I was comparing HMII and GoW for the fantasy epic angle. Don't see much of a parallel between HMII and BS.

I mean their action movies geared towards a primarily male audience. I guess Bioshock will probably skew a little older