Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Would it shock you guys if I said that the climax of Requiem for a Dream was a big influence on Odyssey 2's climax?

:ph34r:

Obviously, they are totally different story-wise but I was very much thinking of the quick-cut editing they had during that climax. I wanted to make something that was also brutal and heart-wrenching.

6 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

The Number One Dime will most likely win Best Animated Feature, but I will say that if the Otherspace scenes took up more than 75% of the movie, NFTO could technically be nominated. :Venom:

But they don't come anywhere close to that :lol:

Also even if NFtOS was eligable I would vote for NoD on principle of it actually being an animation

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

But they don't come anywhere close to that :lol:

Also even if NFtOS was eligable I would vote for NoD on principle of it actually being an animation

I wouldn't even put it in FYC, I was just trolling. :P

Spoiler

Going by word count, the Otherspace scenes only take up about 35% of the movie, which translates to only about 40 minutes.

1 minute ago, Isle of Pasta said:

It's the same amount Otherspace has, so it may not be a stretch.

I mean I assume people just submit their top 5s as their BP ballot. I don't see why you would do anything different if they were your five favorite.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean I assume people just submit their top 5s as their BP ballot. I don't see why you would do anything different if they were your five favorite.

In theory, yes, but sometimes the films with the most top 5 mentions haven't gotten nominated. It could well be that opinions shift around a bit between the top 25 and the Oscars.

And if it did happen, Life is Strange would be a BP nominee. :sparta:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Apparently my reputation on here translates into real life because I have a strong dislike for Infinity War.

:winomg:

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean I refuse to watch it in theaters. (and highly suspect i'll dislike it)

:winomg::winomg:

Now that we've mentioned it btw. Should we schedule the posting of the Advance Schedule thread? Sounds kinda redundant I know, but if we're going to be using it to reserve a certain number of IMAX dates per person like this year it's probably best everyone knows when it opens so someone doesn't just put it up on their own and claim all the dates they want when they post it, right?

6 hours ago, Isle of Pasta said:

The Number One Dime will most likely win Best Animated Feature, but I will say that if the Otherspace scenes took up more than 75% of the movie, NFTO could technically be nominated. :Venom:

Well good thing for both of us it doesn't (I would not include it on my BAF ballot out of principle).

Edited by cookie